22. take a joke vampy

GOAL: 10+ comments for next update

+++

SHE AWOKE with her handcuffs securing her to a pole. Her surroundings were dark, the occasional drip of water falling onto her forehead. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness and she saw him. How did he get here? Why was he doing this?

"Kai," her voice is more of a groan as her whole body is sore. "Wh – What's going on?"

Kai stands up, eating some popcorn to celebrate his release from Hell. "You escaped Hell without me. You're a selfish little angel, ya know." He licks the butter off his fingers, giving her a warm smile. "I'm making sure you go back there because Cade wants you."

"You told me to go without you!" Ariel defended herself. "I was planning on getting you out. Kai, you're too important to me to just forget about."

Something flickered in his eyes, but it soon vanished as his dark demeanor continued. "I only answer to Cade now. You're a nobody."

Ariel knew there was something off about him. She had an idea, but it the possibilities of it being true were slim. "What game did we play the third night we knew each other?"

He scoffed. "Stupid question."

"What was it?"

Kai was silent; he had no idea. Ariel smirked, realized she was right. "Cade's controlling you and you're just letting it happen."

"No he's not," Kai stated firmly.

"Yes he is," she pressed on. "Come on, Kai. You're letting this bitch control your every move. Is he seriously that stronger than you?"

Ariel noticed how angry he was getting, so she continued. "In Mystic Falls, I'm glad Damon Salvatore cut your head right off. You don't deserve to live. You don't deserve anything."

"Enough!" Kai leaned down and wrapped his hands around her throat. After a couple seconds, his eyes softened, realizing what was happening. "Oh my god," he released his hands from Ariel's throat. "Ariel...I had no idea what I was doing. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," she genuinely tells him. "Now unlock me stupid."

Kai takes the handcuffs off on her wrist and embraces her immediately. He knows his time here isn't long since he went against Cade, but he'd make the most out of it.

With his assistance, Ariel guided Kai back to the Mikaelson mansion. It wasn't a long walk, so she barely had time to think of the consequences of bringing her captor into a house with a bunch of vampires. Entering the main room, the Mikaelsons, along with Asher, sat on the couches. Freya had tried every locator spell, but it was no match for Cade's magic.

Kol's head perked up once he heard foot steps. He saw Ariel first, his eyes brightening up. However, when his eyes landed on the stranger, he flung forward. "You bastard!"