Discovery Part 2

Anna's POV

"Antonio! I'm back!" I heard her voice calling from the foyer and my blood came to a boil quickly.

It had been two days since she left but it was quite obvious she couldn't manage being on her own or being without Antonio.

Melissa was so pathetic.

I wheeled myself out of the bedroom and heard her running footsteps going up the stairs.

"Antonio, are you home?" she called again.

He wasn't at home. He was still at work although it was six in the pm. When she discovered he wasn't in, she flopped down on the couch in the living room.

I wheeled myself over.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in," I teased.

She lifted her head up and stared at me. "Oh, you're still here."

"That's right, I'm still here because I refuse to walk away from Antonio. I'm not going anywhere again and you could bet your ass on that."

To my surprise, she laughed loudly. "Oh Anna, you're so unique."

She got up and walked over to me. She held onto my wheelchair from behind and wheeled me quickly out of the house and dumped me into the pool outside. Chair and all.

"Mel.. Melissa.. Help me!" I screamed.

"You've done enough. You left me with no choice Anna! You must DIE!!"

*
*

I leaped out of my sleep with a racing heart.

"It's only a dream. It's only a dream," I panted and tried to calm myself. It was a dream but it felt so real and terrifying and it was like I could actually feel the water on my skin.

I stayed awake for the remainder of the night.

The next morning, I caught Antonio before he left for work. He looked so handsome in his sharp Armani suit and leather shoes. His blue eyes were gently looking at me as I approached.

"Have a great day at work."

"Thank you Anna. I'll see you later."

He grabbed his folder and walked quickly out the door without noticing a piece of document had escaped from the folder.

I picked it up and of course, being the nosy person I was, I read through it. It outlined an agreement between Peter Kissle and a California bank but what I couldn't understand, was why my name was listed.

I wheeled myself slowly to Antonio's home office and got on his desktop computer. Luckily for me, the computer didn't require a password or pass code.

I went into the company's folders looking for clues. My undivided attention was locked to the computer that I didn't notice someone had walked in.

"What are you doing in here?"

I leaped again and cussed underneath my breath when I noticed it was only Elizabeth.

"You gave me quite a scare."

"This is Mr. Kissle's private space. You can't be going through his computer's files."

"Elizabeth, something is up. This piece of paper dropped from Antonio's folder and I'm very curious to know why my name is listed."

"What? Let me see that."

I handed the paper over to her and her eyes widened. "Girl  keep digging."

She opened drawers and searched the stacks of papers on the desk.

"Anna, I think I've found something."

She handed me another piece of paper and I instantly saw my mother's name at the top. "This is my mother's will. Why would my mother's will be in Antonio's desk?"

"Look what it says on the next page."

I flipped to the next page and almost had a heart attack. I was the sole beneficiary to my mother's possession and monies.

Three properties, one company and over one hundred million dollars.

But how?

I never remembered my mother as being a rich woman.

I looked at the bank statement I first discovered and put the pieces together.

"Peter! That son of a bitch!" I screamed. "He did this! He did all of this! He's sitting on the harvest my mother had sowed."

"Anna, do you know what this means?" Elizabeth asked me. "Everything belongs to you and not The Kissles."

"I'm going to let Peter pay for this. I was still a minor and he was listed as my legal guardian but he withdrew every cent from the accounts my mother had set up for me!

He led me to believe that I was unfortunate and he was very abusive towards me. I ran away and left everything behind so I guess as much, he used that to his advantage but he's not going to get away with this!

None of them is going to get away with this!"

"Anna, no! You can't just confront The Kissles without any legal backup like in form of a lawyer. The Kissles are not to be messed with. If you have to do this, you have to do this very smartly and privately."

She was right. Knowing the wealth they now possessed, they wouldn't just hand it over to me. Peter would much rather have my head.

"How am I going to do this?" I asked.

"One step at a time and I suggest you copy the documents and hide them in your bedroom."

We did just that and rearranged the office to the way we had met it at first.

Elizabeth wouldn't stop going on about how dangerous The Kissles were but I was heartbroken from discovering the information and documents in Antonio's very own office.

Is he in on this as well?

__________________

A/N

I would love to hear what you guys think...

-Do you believe Antonio really knows Anna is the rightful owner of the wealth he's sitting on?

  🤔

Vote, Comment and Share with your Wattpad Friends.