Honey In The Moon

Antonio's POV

Melissa and I left for our awaited honeymoon. We were scheduled for leaving the following day after our wedding but Anna happened.

~~
We arrived in one of the most beautiful places on earth, The Maldives. I had a water villa booked privately just for the two of us.

"It's so beautiful here

"It's so beautiful here. Thank you for choosing this," Melissa said as she walked into the bedroom. I tailed right behind, looking around and admiring everything in sight. It was beautiful but I felt odd.

Shaking away the feelings, I drew Melissa into my arms. "You're so beautiful." I ran kisses down her neck and she snickered.

"Not right now Antonio. I just want to explore the place a little."

"Okay. I'll unpack and you can explore all you want."

She gave me a quick peck on the cheek and ran out the bedroom. I used the alone moment to check in on Anna. She was by herself and I needed to know if she was doing alright.

On the fourth ring, she answered.

"Hey, how are the two of you doing?"

"We're fine. I've just been resting and thinking about you."

I found myself smiling but I quickly erased it as if she was seeing it.

"Well I'm just calling to check in. I'll schedule a doctor's appointment when I return next week. Take care of yourself, okay?"

"I will. Goodbye." She hung up and I felt a pang in my stomach. Erasing that again, I went to find Melissa.

I found her walking along the beach with a worried expression on her face.

"What's the matter? You're not having fun?"

"I am Antonio but I feel so empty lately. I can't give you what you want I feel like you're going to leave me for someone who could."

"Mel, baby. I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to leave you because you can't give me a child. For better, for worse and I'm standing by that. I love you."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I lowered it to kiss her.

"I love you too Antonio. Promise me that you wouldn't leave me."

I opened my mouth to let the words fall out but they seemed to have been caught in my windpipe so I nodded instead. She rested her head on my chest and we took in the scene of the gentle waves crashing on the shoreline.

~~

That night, Melissa rocked my world with some amazingly new tricks. She had been rowing forever and I was enjoying every moment of it but at my climax, I saw her face.

Melissa's image disappeared and Anna's took her place. I quickly flung myself up and Melissa almost tumble over.

"What the hell Antonio! Are you trying to kill me?" Angry written all over her face instead of satisfaction.

"I'm sorry. I was.... try to... instead of....." I had no excuse.

"Instead of what?!"

"I need to use to washroom. I have to pee."

I need a beeline for the washroom. I splash some water in my face and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

'Get it together Antonio. You're here with Melissa. You love Melissa. She's your wife.'

I used a face towel to dry the water off and went back to the bedroom where Melissa was waiting on the bed.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I threw myself onto the bed and looked up at the ceiling. Millions of thoughts floating through my head.

"That was amazing though, everything. Except that last part."

"I'm sorry Mel."

"Antonio, is something the matter? You look distracted and bothered. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing really. I'm sorry baby. I'm just exhausted."

"Oh my big boy is exhausted."

Her cellphone chimed on the nearby table. She glanced over but ignored it.

"Aren't you going to get that?" I asked. She never ignored her cellphone.

"It's probably just mother. She must be wanting to know if I arrived safely."

"Well maybe you should return her messages."

"I'll call her instead."

______________________

Melissa's POV

"I was correct. It is her," I said as I picked up my cellphone from the table.

"Yes mother," I spoke into the phone as I went out to the balcony where Antonio was out of earshot. "Are you out of your mind? I told you I'm on my honeymoon with my husband. Why are you calling?
Listen to me, I don't care about that. Please don't call me until I return back to the States. Goodbye." I hung up and made my way back to my husband with a pleasing smile on my face.

I knew his secret.

____________________

A/N

Hi everyone, yeah I know it's short but I didn't want to dive into the climax all at once.

Please stay tuned for more and don't forget to vote.🤗 🌟