Hold Up

Antonio's POV

"Don't sign anything!" I almost roared as I walked back into the kitchen and saw a terrified Anna with the contract and pen in her hands.

"Antonio! What do you think you're doing?" Melissa asked me.

"How dare you?" I asked her, seizing my anger before it got the better of me, "How dare you do this without my permission?  And how dare you try to tear her apart from her own child just because you can't have a child?"

Melissa slapped me across the face.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that again! Have you forgotten that you slept with her? You slept with her and got her pregnant and then you got married to me!"

"I know what I did and I'm sorry. It happened and I can't change that. I wish I could, but what you're doing is wrong also and two wrongs don't make a right," I explained.

"I don't want to hear that Antonio. I want to become a mother and I want the baby!"

"And you could be apart of the baby's life but what are you going to say to him or her when it would appear that you're not their mother?

What would he or she think about you when they learnt that you've forced their actual mother to sign over all her rights and disappear?"

"He or she would never know and I'll make certain of that!"

"Melissa, stop being difficult please!"

"What's this really about Antonio? Why are you on her side now? Do you still want to have sex with her behind my back or actually become a family with her when the baby is born and kick me to the curb? I thought you wanted her to have a fucking abortion?!"

I heaved a sigh as I looked at my irrational wife.

"Anna! Sign that contract!" She turned her attention back to Anna.

"Don't sign it!" I protested.

"Antonio, I swear if you don't shut up... Anna, sign it!"

"Don't you dare put your name on that line Anna."

"Antonio, if she doesn't sign that contract then I'm leaving. We'll be divorced before our honeymoon and your marriage would go down as the shortest marriage in history!" Melissa screamed.

"If you want to leave, then leave. I wouldn't stand for this and although I did wanted her to have an abortion, my mindset had changed. She's not going to hand over all her rights! It's her baby!"

Melissa raised her hand at me again but I caught it this time.

"Then I'm leaving! I'm leaving and I'm going to sink you Antonio! I'm going to tell everyone about this nasty affair you've been doing behind my back. I'm going to your parents and they would hear about this!"

"Melissa, don't try to cross me because you would regret it for the rest of your life. Quite frankly, I don't know why you're acting like this. You would be apart of the baby's life since you and I are married and I'm the father. The baby could even stay with us but I  can't bring myself to tear Anna apart from own child's life.

How would you feel if you were Anna and someone was doing this to you?"

"Well thank the heavens that I'm not that ugly ghetto bitch!" Melissa snapped and it was at that moment, I saw Melissa for what she actually was.
A heartless human being.

"You know what, this marriage would go down in history because it's over between me and you. Get out of my house. I don't care if you run to my parents and my friends. Hell, you could run to Donald Trump for that matter! Go tell everyone I got my maid pregnant. I dare you!"

Anna and Jason remained silent, looking on.

"Antonio..."

"Don't even try Melissa."

"Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of said something so terrible and I am sorry for hitting you. Anna can be apart of her own child's life."

"Are you positive?" I asked her. I knew Melissa. Usually she would say anything just to flatten my temper and then after two days, she'll be back on the same topic that angered me.

"I wouldn't bring it up again. We'll support her and when the baby gets here, she'll have the freewill to give us the baby."

"That would be her decision and not yours." I took Melissa into my arms.

"But I don't want to hand over my baby," Anna said which made Melissa break the embrace and turned towards her.

"Where exactly did you live before coming here?" Melissa asked.

"At an apartment."

"At a shack. A disgusting, pest infested shack. But that's understandable because that's exactly what you are. A pest!"

"Melissa!" I scolded her before an idea popped into my mind, "I'll buy her a house."

"WHAT!" Melissa asked.

"I said I'll buy her a house. When the baby comes, he or she shouldn't be living an infested house."

"You're got to be kidding me, right?"

"I don't 'kid.' I'm going upstairs now. Jason, get out and take that contract with you."

I left the kitchen and climbed the staircase to my bedroom with Melissa after me, yelling all the curse words underneath the sun as to why I actually wanted to buy Anna a house.

_______________

A/N

I understand your frustration Melissa but... ! 
It is what it is.

*Please Don't Forget To Vote*