1. That's how they are

Start from the beginning

"Manik Malhotra you are called at the chairperson's room." Manik clenched his jaw hearing the voice of his so called step brother, Harshad. Manik turned towards Harshad with a fake smile. "Anything more." He asked.

"Your girlfriend is fucking hot." This was it, Harshad was awarded with a punch on his face and the gasp of people could be heard. "You are landing in a deep shit." Harshad smirked and caressed the corner of his lips and walked away.

Harshad and Manik were less like brothers and more like enemies, ready to strangulate each other's neck.

***
"Dhruv." Nandini pulled her childhood friend, Dhruv into a bear hug and Dhruv too hugged her back.

"But I thought you were coming back tomorrow."

"I was but then I thought to surprise Alya."

"Don't take her name in front of me."

"C'mon she is my girlfriend-"

"who thinks I am trying to trap you." Nandini interrupted in between.

"She looks cute when her face gets puffed up with jealousy and anger when she sees me with you."

"I don't get it from which angle you find her cute. I will tell you what cuteness really means." Nandini said, taking out her phone. She clicked a selfie of her and Dhruv.

 She clicked a selfie of her and Dhruv

"So you mean to say we are cute."

"Nah never." She contradicted, typing a caption.

"You are posting this pic on Instagram?"

"And it's posted..Now count till five."

"But why?"

"Count na." She insisted.

"One two.." Dhruv had just began the counting and right then her phone rang and it showed the name Manik. And this is how Manik is. The post notification of Nandini Murthy would always be on in Manik Malhotra's profile.

"Isn't he cute?" Nandini smiled.

"He is way too possessive."

"Just a min." She excused herself and picked up the call.

"What are you doing there with Dhruv?" Manik gritted.

"I am angry with you so I thought of hanging out with Dhruv." Nandini said in a mocking way.

"Where are you?" Manik asked.

"Figure it out yourself." Nandini smiled and cut the call while Manik was just in the phase of bursting.

Her tantrums, her naughtiness, her clumsy side, her anger, her cuteness, Manik had seen every side of her and yet when he faced her every side again it always seemed as if he was experiencing it for the first time.

Meanwhile,"Manik Malhotra if you are done talking on your phone, let's get back to what we were talking about." Nyonika said in a strict tone.

"Were we talking? I didn't know that." Manik mocked.

"Manik behave I am the chairperson, not your mother."

"You never were my mother and never can be. So stop showing as if you care."

"You might be expelled for behaving in such a way." Nyonika warned.

***
Thank you for giving this story a chance.

Do drop your reviews. I need it badly.

Love ❤😘
Aaku