Part 39~ The Wedding Crashers

Начните с самого начала

"I'll never let you fall again if you promise to smile like this more often," he says.

I blush harshly.

As we skate, I make a realization, "so on our first date, you made me dance. Second date, you made me skate. What's next? Taking me golfing?"

"Well I was thinking a romantic walk on the beach, but I like that idea better," he grins cheekily and I shake my head in disappointment.

Time passes and we twirl and skate for what seems like only a few minutes but when I look at the clock, an hour has already gone by.

"Do you want to go the next part of the date?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes sarcastically, "if it's golf, no."

He responds with a sarcastic frown, "oh no, what ever will I do?"

He gestures towards the exit with his head and laces his fingers with mine. We leave the rink.

"Let's run to our next stop," he says and drags me along with him before I even get a say.

I laugh joyfully, "Tom! Slow down!"

He doesn't and in fact, speeds up. I nearly stumble over several times with how fast he's running, but I don't fall. We stop outside of a wedding reception.

Okay, now I'm super confused.

"What the hell are we doing outside of a wedding reception?!" I chuckle.

He smirks, "we're crashing a wedding."

I eye what he's wearing and he looks fine for a wedding! He's in a pair of black slacks and a short-sleeved, white button-down shirt. Myself on the other hand? A yellow sundress with converse.

"I'm hardly in the appropriate attire to crash a wedding!" I scoff, "and what if we get caught?!"

"Darling, the whole point is that we don't get caught and we instead hide in the crowds," he grins.

"But—" before I can finish, he drags me inside.

The place is beautiful. It's so elegant and sleek and modern and the kind of wedding I'd only dream of.

"There's a chocolate fountain!" Tom nudges me, waking me from my trance.

I smile mischievously and it's my turn to pull him through the crowds of people.

"See? And now we get the food that we're supposed to get when on a date!" he says, his mouth stuffed full of strawberries.

I wipe some chocolate of the edge of his mouth and smile at him. He blushes, embarrassed.

"So do you want to dance?" I offer.

He chokes on a strawberry, "you. You want to dance?"

"Mmm, not yet!" I scurry over to the band who have just finished playing a song and lean over to the lead singer, "Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran please."

He nods and I run back to Tom enthusiastically.

He gives me a look, "what did you do?"

The song starts to play and I grin at him proudly. He shakes his head but can't seem to wipe the smile off of his face. He loops his arm through mine and leads me to the dance floor. No one is on the dance floor- everybody is grabbing dinner.

"You lead, okay?" I laugh at myself and he joins in.

And we repeat the dance on our first date. I lean my head on his chest and we sway. All eyes are on us- the young couple who dance alone on the dance floor. It's hard to believe no one has recognized-

"Oh my god, you're Tom Holland!" a woman rushes over to us, "Lauren, what on earth is he doing at your wedding?"

Despite the possibility we may be crashing, the woman is in utter awe and glee. In a split second, crowds of people come running and screaming- Tom is a well known person. But I do hear my name being thrown around in there.

I'm the first to react and it's my turn to run and drag him along. I burst through the doors and Tom easily catches up. We both laugh as we run and when we reach his car, we both topple onto the hood of it, out of breath and dying of laughter. 

"That was amazing!" I pant, "we should crash weddings more often!"

I giggle but Tom doesn't respond. I look towards him and catch him staring at me.

"What?" I ask, concerned, "is there chocolate on my face?"

He bites his lip, "you're perfect."

My insides light up with delight at this and I walk over to him and press my lips to his. He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his head.

I'm perfect. He's perfect. We're perfect.