Part 26~ You Again?

The next day, we head to a new set to start filming in this location. There's a few scenes in this alleyway we have to get done, where Gwen meets Peter, Mysterio fights Spider-Man and Gwen saves MJ. I'm already in my Gwen costume and Tom is in his.

I mumble my lines to myself when I see Andrew walk past. His eyes meet mine and the way his face changes makes my heart shatter. I hurt him, just like Winnie had... apparently. I take a step forward to go and apologize to him again, to try and earn his forgiveness, but I'm stopped by a hair stylist. I sigh and she begins to do something with my hair and fuss about.

We have a friendly conversation and when she's done, I look around for Andrew who appears to be lost in the crowd. 

My eyes dart around frantically, but I can't look any further as the director calls out, "we're filming in five! Take your places everyone!"

I throw my head back in frustration and make my way to the alley. I lean against the wall and repeat my lines to myself, again. I'm stressing out now, between Andrew and trying to remember my lines.

Tom appears beside me and his smile allows me to forget all of my problems, "are you ready, love?"

"No," I scoff, "I can't remember these lines!"

"Hey, it's okay," he takes my hands in his and tilts my head up to face him, "when you're saying them, just look at me and you'll be fine."

I nod.

Kevin Feige walks over to us, "so you guys understand how this scene is going to work, right?" Tom and I nod in response and he gives us a thumbs up and jogs out of the scene. Tom gives me an encouraging smile and I follow suit, running out of the scene.

"Lights! Camera! Action!" Jon yells from his director's chair.

Tom runs from the other end of the alleyway and my stunt double manages an incredible flip as she jumps off the building and lands directly in front of him. We all applaud and they begin to film again. I look at the camera before the recording starts to see Andrew, jaw clenched, behind the camera. He doesn't even glance at me. I stand in front of Tom and he smiles at me encouragingly.

"And... we are rolling!"

"Who the hell are you?!" Tom masters his American accent.

"I believe we haven't met," I extend my hand and remove my mask, "Gwen. Gwen Stacy."

He looks at my hand hesitantly and I am in awe by his acting, "Peter. Parker."

"Well Peter, I'm gonna help you out. Because it sure looks like you need it," I say.

"Cut!" Jon calls and I turn my head instantly, "Corinna, the line 'Peter. This villain you're fighting is stronger than you think. You need all the help you can get, so here I am.'"

"Oh," I sigh, "right."

I turn back around and Tom smiles at me again, "you got this, Rina."

I nod once and we repeat the first two lines. Back to me again, great.

"Peter, I, um..." I throw my head back in frustration and look towards Jon, "what was the line again?"

"'Peter. This villain you're fighting is stronger than you think. You need all the help you can get, so here I am,'" he repeats.

"Right," I clench my fists and swivel back to a hopeful Tom.

We once again repeat our first two lines and we're back to me. Again. I stammer, but nothing comes out of my mouth at all this time.

"Can we, um, can we take five?"

Jon throws his hand up in exasperation and I jog towards the coffee table. Tom and Haz appear on either side of me.

"Are you okay?" Haz beats Tom to the question.

Tom puts an arm around me and I fill up a cup with coffee.

"I'm just ah, distracted. Yeah, that's all," I say.

"Just distracted?" Tom asks, "are you sure?"

I open my mouth to say 'yes' but I'm not sure if I'm only distracted. I'm feeling so many mixed emotions right now, pain, anger, guilt, anxious... I can't even begin to process it all.

"I don't know," I shrug.

I grab the cup of coffee and swallow it all in one.

"That's not a shot, you realise?" Haz jokes.

I press my lips together, "I can only dream."

Haz walks off somewhere, leaving Tom and I alone.

"You know, if you have things on your mind, you can talk to me," he tells me as I rest my head on his shoulder.

My head fits perfectly in there and I smile to myself, "yeah. I know."

"Please, sir, I need to see her. She's my friend. I have to!" I hear a commotion.

The security guard fends a woman off, "ma'am, there is filming going on in session and unless you are a crew member or a crew member has granted us permission to let you in."

"Then ask Corinna Bianco for permission!" the woman shrieks.

"What's going on?" Tom murmurs.

"I don't know," I say, but I walk towards the security guard and the woman. 

I mean, my name was mentioned and when she said it, her voice sounds so familiar. I have to see her face.

I stand next to the bodyguard and go into a state of shock as I take in the appearance of the woman. She's badly bruised and has tears stained down her cheeks. She's unrecognizable... until I hear her voice again.

"Corinna," she sobs.

Lina.