36: Dinner Is Ready

The basement was sectioned off into three separate rooms. Each room was huge, and both Hana and Bee had chosen a room each for their own research. The third and biggest room was an enormous lab, that was set up for the both of to use.

Jimin poked his head into the lab. Bee and Hana had done a good job setting it up in such a small amount of time, but his wife was not in there. He stepped back, closing the door behind him and headed to the room he knew Bee was using as her own room. After taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open.

Bee looked up from her papers and sighed, looking back down at them again, "If you're just going to get mad at me again, I don't want to hear it,"

Jimin closed the door behind him, "You don't even understand why I'm angry, Bee,"

"I understand," Bee argued, "I just think it's a stupid thing to be mad over when it's so far in the past. Pass me that hard drive,"

Jimin turned and picked up the black box Bee was gesturing at. They were lucky enough to have a generator at the back of the garage so the manor house had electricity; although they had strict rules to make sure all main lights in rooms with windows were off when it got dark. The generator had leads that ran into the ground, and Jin explained that they probably led to a wind turbine they had seen a little further away from the manor house.

Bee took the hard drive and plugged it into the small laptop that she carried everywhere with her. Most of the important scientists at the bases were given them to do research with.

"Bee-"

"Think of it this way," Bee said, standing up straight and folding her arms under her chest, "When the General ordered you to move out immediately, outside of the gates to search for survivors or whatever it was you had to do, you never told me, did you?"

"There was no time," Jimin said, "And it's not the same,"

"How is it not the same?" His wife snapped, "You were out of the safety of the grounds and all you did was tell some random soldier to find me and explain that you were on a mission and might never come back. I went into the tunnel for an hour max with Taehyung, why is it so different?"

"Because I'm a trained soldier!" Jimin cried, "You're a scientist and you were alone with a psychopathic medic who wants your fucking eyes!"

"I went through the exact training you did, Park Jimin!" Bee yelled at him, "And if you think I can't take care of myself, then you have clearly forgotten that I spent months alone out there after you left me behind! And Taehyung won't ever touch me again, after what happened, and you know it!"

Jimin was silent. Bee made an extremely valid point, and although he was angry, he didn't really have a solid excuse to stay like that any more.

"I've apologised already," Bee continued, her voice softer, "Just accept the apology and move on. Leave it in the past. We're trying to start a new life here, we have other problems to deal with,"

After a long stretch of silence, Jimin sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "You're right. Taehyung is completely under your control, and what happened was in the past,"

He moved around her desk, slowly reaching out and threading his fingers through hers. When she didn't pull back, he gently tugged her into his body and ran his other fingers through her hair. He tilted her head up so she was facing him, and placed a kiss on her lips.

"And we can finally be alone," He said, "After so long, we can share a bed again, and I can't wait to have you un-"

"Dinner," 

Jimin spun as the door swung open, revealing a grinning Namjoon, "Dinner's ready,"

"Good," Bee sighed, pulling away from her pouting husband, "I'm starved,"

"Well, you sure you don't want to stay here a bit?" Namjoon grinned, wriggling his eyebrows, "Sarge looks like he's got something you can put in your mou-"

"Kim Namjoon!" Jimin cut him off, "Upstairs, immediately,"

Namjoon laughed and saluted, "Yes, Sir!"

"Asshole," Jimin muttered, taking Bee's hand again, "You're hungry, baby? Let's go upstairs. Oh, and so you're not completely shocked, Jungkooks got a pet chicken,"

"A chicken?" Bee said, raising an eyebrow, "Why a chicken?"

Jimin shrugged and pulled her up the stairs, "I don't know. They make a cute couple, though,"