3: Another Bus

"Okay, explain," Hoseok said as soon as Jimin had closed his eyes, "Why did you just threaten to kill me over me calling Jimin a meathead?"

Namjoon scoffed, "You know nothing about the Sarge," He said, "None of the regiment would ever let you talk bad about him. He's the highest ranking Ghost we have, and he single-handedly saved the entire regiment before we met up at the compound," He paused, "He saved my life several times. Taehyung is alive because of him. We all are,"

"What did he do?"

"I forgot you're new," Jin said from the front, "You only recently joined us, right?"

"That's right," Hoseok answered, "I've been a navigator for a while, but my camp fell..." He trailed off, looking down at the CPU still in his hand, "There were only a few survivors,"

"It doesn't matter what he did," Namjoon said, "What matters is that he has our undying trust and loyalty, and now you're a member of this team with us, you respect him. He will probably save you at some point, too,"

Whatever answer Hoseok was thinking of saying, was cut off by a curse from Jin.

Namjoon immediately got to his feet to stand by him, rifle in hand, "What is it?"

"That's one of ours," Jin nodded his head in the direction of a green bus at the side of the road a few meters ahead of them. It had clearly been run off the road and smashed into a thick-trunked tree.

There were a couple of bodies scattered about on the road, one of them a soldier in a green uniform. None of them were moving.

"Sarge," Namjoon called out quietly, and Jimin opened his eyes, quickly awake. He got to his feet and made his way quietly down the aisle of the bus, stopping next to Namjoon.

"Report,"

"One of our buses," Namjoon said, "Six bodies in the road, one soldier. No movement,"

Jimin turned to Jin, "Do you recognise the bus?"

Jin leaned over the wheel a little, staring at the bus for a moment, "Looks like a supply run bus," He said, "Food, medical supplies, things like that,"

"Alright. Drive past a few meters, Namjoon and I will check it out. Tae, wake up,"

"Wha-?" Taehyung jerked up and wiped at the drool that had dribbled down his chin, "What is it?"

Jimin ignored him, choosing instead to carefully watch the bodies as Jin manoeuvred the bus around them. He was sure he saw a couple of twitches and placed his shotgun on the seat by the door, "Stop here,"

Jin stopped the bus and Jimin moved to the door, "Nobody move. If anyone touches my gun, I will personally castrate you," He turned to Namjoon, "Quick and quiet. No sound,"

Namjoon nodded, "Yes, Sir," He placed his rifle next to Jimin's shotgun and fixed a stare at Taehyung, who grinned and held his hands up innocently. He then drew his knife, spinning it around his palm as he followed Jimin down the steps and onto the gravelly road underneath the bus.

"Movement," Jimin muttered, almost under his breath. Namjoon nodded, also noticing that one of the bodies in the road was moving. He pulled his knife from his belt, gripping it lightly in his hand as they moved on silent feet towards the other bus. He could sense that the three men on the bus had their eyes on them, and he cursed inwardly at himself for not telling them to watch for any other signs of dead ones.

He could hear the quiet sounds of moaning from the bodies, and as they got closer, it was obvious they were dead ones. A few of them were not even reanimated, but they would follow procedure, just to make sure.

Namjoon and Jimin made eye contact, and Jimin nodded once, before they both quickly moved in, quickly putting their knife through the temple of each body they came across. The few dead ones that noticed them coming were back on the floor before they even knew what hit them.

Jimin jerked his head towards the bus, and Namjoon nodded, quickly heading towards the back. He peered in through the grate over the glass and gave Jimin a thumbs up.

Trusting Namjoons judgement, Jimin boarded the bus from the front and saw the remaining three members of the team. The driver was dead, a tree branch straight through his chest. The navigator was also dead with a bullet wound to the head. There was a bite mark on his wrist, so to Jimin the situation was fairly obvious. From the various belongings scattered about on the seats, he could tell that the bus had taken on survivors. One or two had been infected, turned and bitten the Navigator. He had also turned and chaos ensued from there.

He moved to the back of the bus and pushed it open.

"All dead," He said as Namjoon hopped up, "Let's get the supplies on to our bus and get moving. It'll be dark soon, we need to find somewhere to camp out the night,"

"Sir," Namjoon nodded, swiftly hopping back down and rushing to the other bus to get the help of the other men.

Jimin looked back down the bus, but frowned when something caught his eye. He crouched down, reaching out and pulling a thin silver necklace from underneath one of the seats. It had snapped in two places, and when he picked it up, the pendant fell from the remaining chain. 

Although it wasn't a pendant; it was a ring.