48: Snap

"Okay, so," Bee said, sitting at one of the tables in the lab and tapping her finger on a sheet of paper, "The cure has worked," She said, "You're not going to turn,"

"Oh, thank God," Jungkook sighed, "I was so worried,"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. It was supposed to be just him and the two doctors, but Jungkook insisted on being present to hear the news. He had left his chicken with Daisy as Bee still wouldn't let him in the lab, much to his dismay.

"But," Bee continued, "There are still traces of the infection in your blood. It's not enough to cause any damage, so it's fine,"

"After a lot of testing," Hana said, holding up a small vial of Yoongi's blood, "We have discovered that the cure has also worked as a live immunisation. You should be immune to another bite,"

"No way!" Jungkook cried, "That's amazing! I knew you could do it, Hana!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes again, "So I'm completely immune, like Jungkook? Or if I get bitten will I need another dose? Cause that shit burns,"

"We aren't sure, yet," Bee admitted, "The test showed that your immune system fought back against any infection added, which is fantastic, but we can't be one hundred percent sure until it happens; not that you should go and get bitten, Yoongi,"

He grinned, "Believe me, I won't,"

"Good," Bee stood up, "If you'll excuse me, I need to go and throw up,"

She rushed from the lab and up the stairs and Yoongi got to his feet. He picked up the makeshift crutch that Jin had made for him and limped up after her, followed closely by Jungkook.

***

"I need some dead ones," Taehyung said, "Females,"

Jimin crossed his arms over his chest, "Why?"

"Bringing dead ones into the grounds is not safe, Tae," Namjoon said, "We still haven't finished the pens in the lab because Yoongi was in there,"

"For Bee," Taehyung said, ignoring Namjoon, "I need to practice cesareans just in case,"

There was silence for a moment, and Hoseok spoke up, "He has a point, Jimin. Births don't always go to plan, or so I've been told,"

"You're going to practice surgery on dead ones?" Jin said, "That's a good idea but they're all infected, what if-"

"It won't be moving, obviously," Taehyung snapped, "And I'm not asking any of you for permission. I'm talking to the Sergeant," He turned back to Jimin, "I need some dead ones," He said again, "I need to practice,"

Jimin sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "Fine. You can have some dead ones. But not until later on in the pregnancy," He said, "Bee isn't even showing yet, we're all getting carried away,"

"But-"

"I said wait," Jimin interrupted, "I appreciate your concern, Taehyung, but you will have to wait at least another month. Ask me again then and I'll decide if it's the right time,"

Taehyung huffed and turned away, heading back to the med bay to continue studying. Namjoon shook his head and glanced at Jimin.

"Sarge," He said, "He's worrying me. He's hyper-focused on studying for Bee so he doesn't spend any time in his shed. He's ready to snap at any moment,"

Jimin nodded, "Yeah. I'll ask Bee to talk to him. He needs  to relax,"

"Guys?" The men turned when they heard Daisy's voice. She was standing in the doorway, the chicken in her arms, "Lunch is ready,"

Jin smiled, "How did you cook with the chicken in your arms?"

"She's actually quite good," Daisy said, petting the hen's head, "She just sits there while I work. Besides, I only made sandwiches with the bread I made yesterday,"

"Stop staring at each other with hearty eyes," Hoseok laughed, "I'm hungry, let's eat,"

Once everyone had eaten, Namjoon headed back to the tower and Bee went to drop off some food for Taehyung in the med bay.

"Tae?" She said, opening the door, "I've got you some lunch,"

"You should be careful," Taehyung said, jumping up and taking the plate, "Don't overwork yourself,"

"Bringing a plate here isn't overworking myself," Bee said, heading into the room, "So stop worrying,"

"Did you take your tablet?" Taehyung skipped over her statement and went to the cupboard, "Or do you need more?"

"I took it, oh my God," Bee rolled her eyes, "You're worse than Jimin,"

"That's because I actually care," Taehyung muttered under his breath, "How is your sickness?"

"Manageable," Bee answered, "But you are the one overworking yourself," She sat down on the edge of the bed, "You aren't even going to your shed anymore. You're too tense, Taehyung,"

Taehyung was quiet, "I feel like I'm the only one taking this seriously," He said after a moment, "Nobody seems to care, except me,"

"That's not true," Bee said softly, "I know you care, but the others do, as well,"

"Then why has nobody else come in here to ask to read one of the books?" Taehyung said, lifting the current book he was reading, "No one else has asked how they would be able to help you during the birth,"

Bee smiled and reached out, placing her hand on his shoulder, "Kim Taehyung, go to your shed and de-stress. I'll call a meeting this evening after dinner and we can discuss things, if it will make you feel better. But as you are right now, you're dangerous. People are becoming nervous of your behaviour,"

Taehyung lowered his head and placed the book back on the side, "I just don't want to lose you," He said softly, "You're the only person who has ever treated me like a normal human being. I know I'm different, but you don't care,"

"Well," Bee said, a small smile on her face, "Everybody is different, in some way or another. Go to your shed, Tae, spend the afternoon there. I'll send someone for you at dinner,"

---

AN: Soooo..... Nobody was even close hahahahahahaha

So I'll give you another clue for my personal favourite part (Omg am I mean? This is fun)

It's in a paragraph in chapter 23.

I'll pick two winners, who will get to be in the next series (I'm going to end this one soon but I've already planned the next one!)