Let's Catch Up

Mason at the top^^

Bernice

This wasn't a day dream this was real life. I could feel his lips moving in perfect sync with mine. He brought me back into the women's room putting me on top of the sink. His hands found their way from my face to my hair and waist. I could feel his passion and hunger in this one kiss. I was so wrapped that I completely forgot that I came with another man but once I realized I quickly pushed away from Alex...well I tried.

"Alex" I wanted my voice to sound stern but it came out like an airy mess. It took all of the will in me to push at him enough for him to know I genuinely wanted him off.

He took a step or two back and looked down at me confused. "Well damn Hermosa I would've expected a better welcome home."

I will admit hearing that sweet Spanish nickname did send flutters to my stomach. But I had to remember to keep my ground.

"Alex" I got up from the sink "I didn't know you were out, what are you doing here."

"I'm doing well Bernice thanks for asking, I got out a couple of days ago, saw my family, no sign of you the entire time how are you today" he said sarcastically but still harshly.

I rolled my eyes "I'm doing fine, you still didn't answer my second question" I crossed my arms waiting for his response.

"I'm here on....business" his hazel eyes scanned over my body "I'd really love it if we could get back to our business though" he looked at me as if he'd been craving for just a small taste of me.

"No no no I'm here with a date tonight and I don't want to-" he cut me off with a shocked look.

"A date? Who? Where is he?" He instantly started asking questions.

"None of your concern Alex" I sighed "Look I'm happy you're out and I'd love to catch up with you but this is just bad timing" I turned to look in the mirror and fix my smeared lipstick. But all I could see was Alex's broken face looking at me through the reflection.

"So that's how it is now Bee, after all of this we can just 'catch up' like we're some old high school buddies" I didn't know if he was more hurt or angry.

I turned to face him feeling a small tug on my heart strings looking at his demeanor. Him and the twins had this look that would always get me to melt. "Like I said, wrong time" I took a pause " but I'll give you my new number and we can talk sometime this week okay" I tried to reason with him.

I guess he had accepted defeat and realized this was my only offer for letting him into my life again, so he just sighed and nodded. I gave him my number and we both walked out of the restroom only to run straight into Mason.

"Bernice is everything alrig- oh" Mason stopped in his tracks to glance at Alex.

Fuck. Me

I cleared my throat " Mason this is Alex, Alex this is Mason. Um Alex here is an old friend of mines and Mason is my date...and boss" I stressed the boss part looking toward Alex praying he wouldn't act a fool right now .

They were both still staring at each other until Mason's face softened and he stuck his hand out for Alex to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you Alex" he sounded like he was being forced to be happy.

Alex took his hand with a firm grip and shook it "Same here Mason" he was more cocky and smug with his handshake. Alex was always the calm, cool, and collected type before becoming a jealous mess.

"Well it was nice seeing you Alex but I think Mason wanted to show me around the home a little more before we left" I inched away from Alex trying to relieve some tension.

He looked between Mason and I before scuffing and shaking his head. "You two enjoy the rest of your night, I'll call you Bernice to um" he made air quotations "catch up".

Of course this man couldn't leave without putting thoughts into my date's head and leaving ME to deal with the questions.
______________________

The next morning I woke up to one of the twins crying. Instinctively I immediately got up to go check on my him.

"Awww what's wrong with mama's baby" I said in a baby voice while picking up Adam luckily Anthony didn't wake up from his brother wailing.

I took him to my feeding chair then pulled out my breast to feed him. As weird as it may seem I alway found so much joy in the little alone time I'd have with my boys while feeding them, it felt like we were creating a bond.

My phone ringing brought me out of my baby trance. I carefully carried Adam while going to go get my phone from my bedroom.

"Hello?" I answered unsure of who this unknown number was.

"Good morning Hermosa" the sound of Alex's smooth morning voice rang through the phone.

"Good morning Alex, why'd you call" I put him on speaker that was I could hold Adam with both hands.

"I can't call to just check up on you" he said like I didn't know he obviously had other intentions.

"Alex" I said in a warning tone letting him know I'd hang up on him if he didn't get to the point.

"Okay okay, today I'd like to take you out so we can... catch up"

"I don't know I might have a lot of work to do today and-" just then Anthony decided to crying from the other room making sure I knew he was awake.

"Is a baby crying?" Alex asked confused

"Yeah he probably just needs to be fed or changed"  I said causally then caught myself before I said too much.

I honestly forgot that Alex didn't know about the twins. It's not that I was trying to hide them from him but I just thought he didn't need to know about them right away.

"On second thought um just text me wherever you want to go and I'll be there okay" I hung up before he got a chance to question me about anything.