Chapter 3: Brazilian Boy, You're Quite The Charmer

Začať od začiatku

      He suddenly pulled back, and keeping his right arm around my waist, grabbed my wrists in his left and held them between our chests. I could feel my heart beating erratically, and his was a steady, even flow. He dipped me back slightly, and my heart went into my throat, fearing he'd drop me. But he looked to have no strain. His lips were mere centimeters from mine, not even inches, centimeters, and he spoke. God I was getting dizzy.

    "And this is because I don't want you to think I'd ever want to kiss you because it is my job. I'd do that soley on my own terms,'' he smirked, and my eyes widened. ''And for me to ever have that opportunity, I'd like for us to.... hang out. Outside of this.'' I barely noticed the frantic clicking in the background as he slowly brought us up, and I was able to nearly completely ignore Jack's gaze in the background. He slowly tilted backwards, and I squeaked as he sat down, still holding me, and I ended falling to my knees between his legs, our faces inches apart. He crossed his ankles and hugged me towards him. CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK!!!!!!!!!!!

     "And this is because I really hope you say yes and I don't look lame as hell,'' he said hopefully, eyes fierce. I coughed a few times, lost. I could feel myself falling harder and harder every second, and Jack drifted to the back of my mind. Not gone, still there.

    "I... love to ofcourse I'd,'' I said, words garbled. I laughed nervously, blushing as my eyes went wide. He grinned, the corners of his eyes crinkling. Clickclickclick. The camera's toned down slightly.

"I'd love to! Of course!" I corrected quickly, a bit breathless. He smiled happily.

"I was quite worried you'd not like to,'' he said honestly.

  "As if I could,'' I snorted. "You're quite the charmer, Brazilian boy,'' I said with a wink, finally getting a bit of my bearings back. He chuckled.

  "And what exactly do charming boys do, eh?" he asked teasingly.

  "Umm.... be sweet, bring flowers, write poetry, ballroom dance,'' I said jokingly. He suddenly laughed, a deep sound from his stomach that made my heart race.

   "Well, I hate to disappoint, but I can't dance,'' he snorted, and I giggled.

"Prove it,'' I said boldly, and he looked at me in shock before a serious look settled onto his face. He put his arms out and started doing the robot, bouncing on his toes. I laughed, clutching my stomach, and he mock glared at me before suddenly looking up. I glanced over, and saw Lily triumphantly balancing on Alex and James's shoulders, arms in the air. She laughed and reached up to tuck a blonde strand of hair behind her ear.

   "Higher, higher!!" she urged them, and they let her place her feet in their big hands, raising her even higher above their already over 6 foot tall frames. She had to be up atleast 8 feet by now! Chase ran forward, protesting and holding his arms out towards her protectively as if she might think better of what she was doing and leap into them.

"Lily, don't be stupid, you'll hurt yourself!"

    Her eyes suddenly widened, and she pitched forward, falling at an angle towards her side. She never even screamed. I never saw a thing before Rogue turned my face towards his chest, but I heard the sickening snap. I jumped, and ran over, barely processing what I was seeing. Lily was laying on the ground, leaning back on her elbows. Her eyes were opened wide in shock, and she was so pale. Not evwn making a peep.

   You could see the bone. She'd fallen right onto her hip, and it was jutting out of her skin raggedly, blood slowly rushing out to meet the sand. Everyone was frozen in horror, watching.

   "I'm too young to break a hip,'' she said quietly, staring down at her body.

With those words, the whole place exploded into action.