twenty-two

Billy had dropped me off an hour or two ago from trying to rescue Barb, so now I'm wondering why he's leaning against his Camaro outside in the driveway.  I quickly grabbed a jacket and snuck past my parents, out the front door.  He stared at me for a good thirty seconds before gesturing for me to get into the passenger side while he got into the drivers.  He finished off his cigarette as we sat in silence.

"Where are we going?"  My voice was soft and quiet as I watched him examine a piece of paper with an address on it.

"You're friends house.  I need to find Max."  With that said, he started the engine and sped down the streets.

We quickly arrived to what I recognized to be Jonathan's house. I caught Max staring through the window before Steve walked out of the front door, hands on his hips. Billy let out an irritated sigh and got out of the car.

I sat in the car while the two boys conversed, trying not to be seen by my brother. If he knew I was sitting in his enemy's car, he would probably kill me.

Billy pushed Steve to the ground and I immediately stepped out of the passenger side. Steve looked up and saw me, a confused yet angry expression on his face.

"Bella? What are-". Interrupting him, I struggled to help him up and followed Billy inside.

"Billy, stop!!" Billy was pinning Lucas up against the bookshelf, threatening him to stay away from Max. He ignored my plea and all of the kids shouting at him. Lucas quickly kneed him and Billy doubled over in pain.

Steve turned Billy around and punched him square in the jaw.

"Steve!!" It seemed as if the boys were in their own little world as they ignored everything around them. Billy let out slight laughs and chuckles as Steve punched and pushed at him. Billy's hand fumbled with a plate before smashing it over my brothers head. "Guys, stop!!"

My yells for them to stop were muffled by Dustin's screams for Steve to win.

Eventually, Billy had climbed on top of Steve and was repeatedly punching him in the face.  I carefully tried to grab one of Billy's arms to stop the continuous hits, but the free arm didn't stop. 

"Billy!!"  I was pulling on his arm with all my might before I was knocked over.  His arm had come back with such a force that it knocked the air out of my stomach and I fell to the ground.  The room fell silent all except for Steve's pained moans in the background.

I was lying on my back in a slight daze.  My head hit the ground pretty hard when I fell.  The kids' faces were hovering above me before Billy's voice was telling them all to move. I felt his strong arms slide underneath me and lift me up. He laid me down on what felt like the couch and kneeled down next to me.

"Princess? Can you hear me?" Billy's deep voice only provoked my eyes to close even more.

-blazingdemon