eleven

The week went by slowly as I noticed Billy was avoiding me.  He skipped most of the classes he had with me and screeched out of the parking lot before I could reach him.  I began to feel sad and think that he had changed his mind on coming back for me.  Maybe he didn't even want to be my friend anymore.  I frowned at the thought.

Friday, after school, I told Steve I had to run to the library and that he could go ahead and go home.  Luckily, he thought nothing of it and let me go.  Little did anyone know, I was actually going to Billy's place.  I was going to find out what I did.

***

I made it to Billy's house in a little less than twenty minutes and nervously glanced at his empty blue camaro.  He was home.  I suddenly started to feel a bit sick.  Billy could be a mean, rude person, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be around him when he's maybe mad at me.

I hesitantly knocked on the door while listening to the faint rock music playing from inside.  There was some yelling until the familiar red head opened the door and raised her eyebrows at me. 

"What?"  Her rude tone caught me off guard and left me stuttering.

"I-uh, is- I need to-"

"Max!  Who is it?!" Billy's rough voice echoed from inside. The girl, Max, sighed and moved to the side allowing Billy to see me. He moved into sight and shook his head irritably. Max rolled her eyes and walked away.

"What do you want?"  Billy leaned against the doorframe and crossed his muscular arms.  My fingers twiddled with each other as I avoided his eyes.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I looked up to see his eyes already gazing down at me. After a few seconds, he sighed and closed the door behind him.

"What makes you think I am, dollface?" I blushed slightly at his common petname.

"It's obvious! You won't even look at me in school and you skipped all the classes we have together. I just want to know why...". He raked a hand through his messy hair and pulled out a cigarette.

"Why I do what I do is none of your business, sweetheart. I suggest you stay out of it." He exhaled the smoke and slightly glared at the passing cars.

"So, you're not mad at me?" A hint of hope could be heard in my voice. His lips pressed into a thin line and he glared harder. I nervously glanced at him and backed up a bit at his expression.

"I'll see you on Monday...". He looked like he was mentally arguing with himself before he slammed the front door shut.

Hey guys! I wanna get to know my readers a bit better and I want you guys to have like a cute nickname.  In my other book, I called my readers nuggets.

Comment what nickname you would like and where you're from!

-blazingdemon