"Derek, wait!" Brooke called and stood to catch up with him. He turned around and looked at her. "I know you and Scott are trying to figure out what the Alpha is up to, and I want to help."

Derek scoffed at her and turned to leave. "I'm serious, Derek! The alpha could've hurt Lydia and Jackson last night. He's already killed two people. I'm not going to let him keep going until someone else gets hurt or killed. Who's next? You? Allison? Dad?"

"Stiles?" Derek questioned her. The single worded question threw Brooke off, but Derek shook his head and continued talking. "I know you want to help Brooke, but it's too dangerous."

"I can take care of myself," She replied defiantly. "I know I'm not as fast or strong as you and Scott, but I'm still a lot stronger and faster than most people, and my dad and I train in self-defense every chance we get. Not to mention I can't exactly get injured and I can help you and Scott if you do."

Derek didn't say anything, but stared at the determined look on his cousin's face. "Fine," he sighed. "But self-defense training won't be enough. You need to learn how to attack a werewolf, not just save yourself from one."

Brooke nodded in agreement. "When do we start?"

"I'm going to go to the school to make sure Jackson didn't see anything. I assume you're not going today?"

Brooke nodded again. "I'd like to avoid pity stares and intrusive questions from my classmates for at least twenty-four hours."

"Okay, I'll text you when I get back. You can head over then," Derek said. He swiftly walked out the door before Brooke could respond. Once he had left, she did a small victory dance; she didn't think Derek would agree to let her help.

The rest of Brooke's morning went by uneventfully. She sent a quick text to Allison, wishing her a happy birthday and hoping she liked the balloons that Lydia put in the girl's locker. Allison's response was quick, thanking her and asking her not to tell anyone else since she was turning seventeen.

Brooke laughed at the girl but agreed regardless. She didn't receive any more texts from Allison throughout the day, but received many from Stiles. She ignored all of them.

Look, we both know it wasn't a mountain lion at the video store last night.

Did Lydia and Jackson see anything?

Scott isn't responding either, I don't think he's in school today.

Seriously, Brooke. What is going on? What did you see last night? Was it another werewolf?

Please, Brooke. I have to talk to somebody about this.

Brooke gulped when she read the last text, but still put her phone down without responding. The last text had been sent an hour ago, and Brooke was surprised he hadn't texted her again. While part of her was glad he decided to leave her alone, the other part of her was worried that either A) something had happened to him or B) he had figured something out. Brooke wasn't sure which one was worse.

The answer to her thoughts was soon answered when the sound of the doorbell rang throughout her house. Brooke looked at her phone to see the time read 12:42 and wondered who would show up to her house in the middle of the day.

Brooke wasn't really surprised when she opened the door and saw Stiles on the other side.

"What are you doing here, Stiles? Shouldn't you be in Chemistry or something?" Brooke asked.

"Spanish," He corrected. "But that's besides the point." He pushed his way past her and into the house.

"Come on in," she muttered sarcastically. She closed the door and locked it, turning to see Stiles pacing in the entryway of her home. A small gray device in Stiles' hand caught her attention. "Is that Lydia's phone?"