I want to meet you... in person. I was wondering if you would meet me at the Sadie Hawkins dance?

She showed the message to the girls.

"Does that sound okay? What if he says no? I'm so nervous." Audrey rushed out, her hands getting sweaty.

"It's fine, Auds. Hit send." Jade reassured her.

Audrey took another deep breath and hit send.

All the girls were silent as they waited for his response.

A minute passed, then two. Audrey was starting to panic. Was he figuring out how to politely say no? What would she do if he did?

"Are you okay, Audrey? You look a little pale." Jessie asked, sounding concerned.

"Oh I'm fine. It's not a big deal. Either way, I'm fine." she replied, trying to sound as if she couldn't care less.

Just then, her phone buzzed.

Audrey jumped for the phone, belying her cool statement from before.

I'd love to meet you at the dance :)

"He said yes!" Audrey told the girls.

But how will you know it's me? Where and when should we meet?

After reading the text to the girls, Jade snapped her fingers.

"Tell him to meet you at 10 right by the DJ booth. That way you won't have to wait til the dance is almost over to find out who he is." Jade explained.

After figuring it all out via text with Mr. Anonymous, the girls were all tired and ready to go to sleep. After Jessie and Jade had changed and brushed their teeth in the bathroom down the hall, Audrey changed and scurried into the hallway, sneaking to the bathroom quietly since it was late and she didn't want to wake Jessie's parents. She quickly brushed her teeth and splashed some water on her face. Once she had patted her face dry, she opened the door to the hallway and walked straight into Jack.

Audrey backed away from him, the humiliation from earlier making her start to blush fiercely. She wasn't sure she could even speak she was so embarrassed, but he was blocking her way to Jessie's room. Audrey couldn't bring herself to look at him, but saw his feet inch closer to her. She felt a hand slide under her chin, lifting it and forcing her to make eye contact with him.

Jack had an intense look on his face as he stared into Audrey's eyes.

"Just so you know, you're perfect to me." Jack said, his voice low and husky.

Audrey's blush deepened and she tried to look away, but he held her face in his hands so it was impossible.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met in my life. You're sweet and funny and loyal ; you're intelligent and understanding and kind - I could go on forever. You're as close to perfect as a person can get and I'm not embarrassed to say it. And you shouldn't be embarrassed, either." Jack said passionately, staring deeply into her eyes.

Audrey's heart was racing at his words and the close proximity and she was finding it hard to breath normally.

Jack's eyes glanced down to Audrey's lips.

At that, Audrey's heart felt like it was about to explode.

Jack slowly inched closer and closer to Audrey, his eyes starting to close.

As Audrey's eyes slid shut, she felt Jack's breath on her lips. Slowly, Jack pressed the gentlest of kisses to her lips. Audrey felt like she was floating as he kissed her delicately like she was made of glass and could break at any moment. His lips were soft and smooth and seemed to fit against hers perfectly.

Slowly, Jack deepened the kiss, his arms snaking around her waist, pulling her closer. Audrey's fingers tangled in his thick, black hair, drawing him in. She couldn't get enough of him. The way his lips molded to hers sent a fire coursing through her veins. It was like she was on fire from the inside out and the only relief was Jack's mouth on hers. Jack kissed her passionately against the doorframe, tilting his head to try to deepen the kiss even more.

"Ahem." Jade coughed.

At the sound, they broke away, both breathing heavily.

"We're going to bed now, Auds... just wanted to let you know." Jade said smiling at both of them.

"Yeah okay. I'm coming." Audrey said in a breathy voice, still affected from Jack's lips. She turned to Jack. "Goodnight. I'll see you in the morning." Audrey said, smiling shyly.

"Goodnight, Audrey." Jack said in a husky voice, running a hand through his now disheveled hair.

Audrey turned and started to walk back to the bedroom in a daze, not even realizing Jade was walking beside her.

"Holy shït girl. Now that was a kiss!" Jade said under her breath as they approached the room.

Audrey put a hand up to her now slightly swollen lips.

"It sure was."