Colorless flower. Part 5

Scarlet picked up a cup of hot tea offered by Shiyo and took a sip, whole time looking around at room they were in.

Judging from size of it and all the fancy furniture and decorations- whole house was huge and belonged to rich owners. But it was as empty and silent as big it was. Scarlet couldn't help a feeling that they are all alone there, despite some things suggesting more people to live there.

'Say, Shiyo... is this your house?'

'Ah, no... not exactly- it belong to close friends of mine. They left for a travel, about two weeks ago and let me stay here, as I sometimes were living with them anyway.'

Scarlet stared at a man, who was busy now with watching his nails from up close.

'Can you maybe borrow me some shirt or something?' asked fire-nin. 'I left mine there, with guys.'

'Uhmm... sure...' replied Shiyo, with bit of surprise on his face. 'There's wardrobe behind that door- go find yourself something matching.'

Scarlet tilted head but went to search for it.

Wardrobe was actually as big as Scarlet's room at his flat. He whistled seeing all the clothes- there were both for women and men as he could say from first sight. Part of them were lying in a mess on floor. Boy leaned down for one of those- it had nice set of his favourite colors. But then he noticed something on it- small, dark red spots. He stared on it for a moment, frowning and scratching it with nail then went to check other side of the room- more clothes and... spots on wooden hanger.

'Got anything nice?'

Voice of a man, entering room, stopped him from checking all that closely.

'Mhmmm. So many of these, geez...' Scarlet took one, bloody red and dark grey shirt from hanger and put it on. 'You are sure that owners won't mind it? Or are those yours?'

'Nah, it's ok. One less shirt won't make them poor, hehe.'

Scarlet forced a smile in reply.

They went back to the room and Shiyo asked, as soon as they sat down.

'So what would you like to know? feel free to ask about anything.'

Boy looked at him, with many questions in mind. And many doubts of if he should be talking with him at all.

'You said we are family but why then you don't look anything like that...'

'Hmm... you mean eyes mostly, I guess?' Shiyo face suddenly showed some concern and kind of disappointment. 'Because not all members of the clan had red eyes. I guess you don't know much about Red Lotus, don't you?' he sighed. 'It's really amazing how they made sure for almost all the information to be erased too... it's so sad... Once a great, powerful clan- now even Akiri don't know anything...'

'What is that... akiri?. You said that before- you called me like that when we first met.'

'Akiri was a title given to the "masters" of the clan- those who inherited full potential of Red Lotus blood- and they were actually not so common among our people. But each of them were highly skilled user of all the clan's secret techniques- and many more, very advanced jutsu. But what's most important- Akiri- the ones with blood red eyes- were bearers of potential to use powers as great of that of tailed beasts.' Shiyo paused and looked at Scarlet, frowning at him. 'that might sound impossible but our clan found a way to use natural possibilities of Akiri, gained by blood, to create ones, which you could call next ninja gods. Through many years of researches, strengthening their ninjutsu, chakra control and learning secrets about things like tailed beasts and using senjutsu without need for mastering it through hard training. And most of knowledge and key for that power is right here.' he picked up crystal orb and gazed at reflections inside of it. 'And one of the last 3 Akiri- is you. Other two, well... one is too old for such things and other... didn't want to help me with this, so I let her be.'