Risking It

Today was the day;today Beast Boy was going to ask out Raven. Beast Boy has grown over the year. He was now taller than most of the team and gained muscles.

The green changling was looking in the mirror to judge his outfit. He wore his cleanest pair of jeans and a white button up shirt. In his hand was a single rose colored purple.

He was ready. Beast Boy walked out the room with all the confidence he could muster. He headed down the hall toward Ravens room. When he reached her room he paused with a hint of hesitation but then her door opened.

Beast Boy jumped then relaxed and grinned."Hey rae,"Beasty called out as Raven pushed past him to head toward the living room.

"It's Raven. What do you want?"she said in her usual monotone voice.

"I was just wondering since we're friends and all..." Beast Boy started.

"Can you hurry this up?" Raven asked impatiently.

"Will you go out with me?"blurted a red faced Beast Boy.

Raven looked at him with a smile."That's your best joke yet,"she said about to laugh as she walked to the living room.

Beast Boy was standing in the spot where he just got rejected until he felt a tear slide down his face. He ran to his room and cried for what seemed like days. Finally he heard a knock on his door.

"Hey Beasty? You've been in your room for 3 hours now. Can I come in?"His best friend called through the door.

"Yeah, you can come in," Beast Boy replied while wiping his face to hide his sadness.

The half robot walked in and saw Beast Boy was broken."What happened BB?"a concerned Cyborg asked.

"She rejected me man,"Beast Boy said with a voice crack.

Cyborg knew all about Beast Boy's little crush on Raven but he never expected him to actually ask her out. He didn't understand why she would reject such a great guy. The only thing he did understand was he needed to be there for his best friend.

"Hey, don't let her get you down. You know what, I rented a new movie. We can go watch it in the living room and I'll order pizza. Does that sound alright?"Beast Boy nodded to his friend trying to make him feel better.

As they made there way to the living room they passed Ravens room. Beast Boy could hear her chanting through the walls. He could smell her lavender sent with his animal nose and he could see a dim light slip through the crack of her door. Beast Boy stopped right in front of her door and stared at the door with the word Raven in her delicate hand writing on the chalkboard used on all the doors in the tower.

Cyborg's voice faltered as he noticed Beast Boy staring at Raven's door. He put his hand on Beasty's shoulder and said,"Come on let's go order you a veggie pizza." Beast Boy put on a fake smile and went with Cyborg.

After about half an hour the pizza arrived with a side of bread sticks. Cyborg put the movie in and they sat there eating pizza and laughing at the comedy movie rented from Bluecrate.

In the middle of the movie someone came into the room. Beast Boy knew exactly who it was by the scent of lavender. It was Raven. She came in to make some herbal tea.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked with no emotion.

Cyborg was about to say something but he got interrupted by the crime alert. Robin came running in followed by a joyful Starfire.

"Mad Mod and Mumbo together? This can't be good!"Robin said with distaste.

"Titans Go!"