EPILOGUE.

'True love never dies, it remains forever... '

1 YEAR LATER...

"Dell comes out fast we are getting late."
Rick called his son. Since Della's death, he calls him Dell. Dellrick came out of the bathroom after some time and he picks him up the same way as he used to pick Della. He feed him his breakfast by his hands making Dellrick sit on his lap. His cheerful laughter has gone away with Della and Rick missed them both...

A year has passed and the wound that Della's death gave Rick still makes his heart bleed. He knows he won't get over with Della, never. she will always remain in his heart till he is alive.

After breakfast, Rick got Dellrick ready for his school and then he too got ready to go to the office.

"Time to meet mom", Rick told his son and he came towards Rick with a sad smile on his face. Rick picked him up and headed towards their lawn and they both sat beside Della's grave. Yes, he buried her in their lawn. At first, it was too hard to make his son understand why his mom was resting there but still after more and more explanations he somehow understood. Every day after breakfast they go near the grave and talk with Della. It feels as if she is with them.

As Della told that love is seeing our lover happy, so know even when her death gives him immense pain still when he thinks that at least she is at peace, away from sorrow and pain, he feels a bit satisfied. He knows she wasn't selfish to do suicide but its just that he broke not only her heart but also her soul to such an extent that the damage was beyond repair. He gave her more pain then she could bear. He always asks her for forgiveness but he knows no one will ever forgive him for his deeds. 'Maybe I am the unlucky one and not Della because she understood true love and cherished it till death but I didn't,' thought Rick.

He uttered those 4 lines which he says every day to her, "Our distance makes me cry,
the reason I love you- I don't know why?
Days will pass on to years,
and I'll remember you in my silent tears."
Saying those words he gets up and started his daily routine.

*** *** *** ***

In his lonely nights whenever he missed her terribly, which happens very often he writes his feelings in Della's diary. It felt as if he is sharing his feelings with Della. There isn't any place for another woman in his life because his whole heart is captured by Della forever. Some say, time heals every wound but maybe it doesn't work in his case because with every breath he feels the pain of his lost love. Maybe God is punishing him this way or maybe it isn't the pain but her love that he feels inside his heart where it will remain forever. After all, it's their unvarying love.....

*** *** *** ***

10 and a half years later...

"Hey dad hurry up man or else we'll be getting late", Dellrick called his dad for breakfast standing outside his room. As soon as Rick came out of his room they both came together near the dining table to have their breakfast. After he grew up till Rick couldn't carry him in his arms anymore, he started making breakfast and he goes to Rick's room every day and calls him. Then together they come to have their breakfast.

He still remembers how his dad used to carry him in his arms and how he used to eat with his dad's hands sitting on his lap.
He also misses his, mom, very much...
He doesn't remember much of her memories as he was too small when she died but he never forgot her smiling face when Rick used to pick her up in his arms...
According to Rick Dellrick looked more like his mom. He has hazel coloured eyes and blond hairs just like his mom.

Dellrick came to know how his mother died just a year back when he unintentionally read his dad's diary which was actually his mom's diary when she was alive and he also found her suicide note in it. At first, he was very angry with his dad when he read those pages which were full of his mom's thoughts and pain but then he read that diary further and read his dad's words. Then he understood how much guilt and pain his father is having in his heart and also it was his mom's last wish that he should love his dad. Every person does some mistake in his life and the same happened with his dad and know he is regretting it. He saw Rick many times crying beside Della's grave. Even after so many years, Rick didn't get over her. Maybe it's their unvarying love which never died with Della. Their undying love makes their son feel proud of having such lovely parents. But seeing his dad in so much pain Dellrick promised himself that he'll build high walls around his heart which no girl can ever break because he saw love only gives pain and he didn't want to live a life full of pain like his dad. He won't repeat the mistake that his dad did. 'I'll always protect my heart from that painful thing which according to dad is Unvarying Love...' Thought Dellrick.

After breakfast, they both went near Della's grave. Sitting beside Della's grave Rick uttered those 4 lines which he says every day.

Today is special for Rick because today is their 16th anniversary. Although Della is no more, still he can gift her with these things like the poem that he composed for her last night and now he'll recite it to her because he loved her then, always will. No matter how far she is, he'll love her still.

THE POEM:

When I 1st saw you I knew my heart is for you
slowly someone crept into my heart
And that someone was you.
The day your parents died
that whole day you cried
And my heart broke at that sight.
So I proposed to you and telling yes
You filled my world with delight.
After all, our love was beyond ages......

The day you became my bride
That whole day I just smiled.
Then you gave me Dellrick
And filled my world with light.
I am sorry to you I lied
And there started our fight.
To say sorry is not right
Because you already did suicide.
Whatever happens still I know
Our love is beyond ages...

My only punishment worse than death
is living without you every day.
I feel that lonely pain in every breath
without you, I don't want to live.
I know you won't come back to me today
But I'll surely come to you someday.
Someday we'll surely meet in paradise together
Your love will remain in my heart forever.
After all, our love will always be beyond ages......

By the end of the poem, tears were flowing down his eyes. Della knew it is the true bond of love that they shared which made their relationship so strong and rare but he disrespected it by his deeds.

"Happy Anniversary love, you'll always be my princess....my love.......my wife.....
beyond time....beyond ages....beyond life...." Rick said after saying his poem.

"This is the best romantic poem that I ever heard dad. I didn't know besides being a great businessman my dad is also a great poet", his son told him keeping a hand on his shoulder. Rick gave him a sad smile and got up and they both sat in their car and headed towards his college and then Rick's office.

Life continued in this way for Rick.........

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THE END...
I know this is not a happy ending but still, I believe some stories are beautiful even without happy endings.

The video above helps to understand Rick's pain after losing Della.

Do vote and comment your views on this story.