Prologue.

Della and Rick both were in their senior year of college. Della was a girl belonging to a middle-class family and Rick was the son of one of the leading businessmen of India. There were many girls waiting for a single glance from Rick but his eyes were focused on that oval face with pink lips, rosy cheeks with a cute dimple and hazel eyes, the silent girl with whom he fell in love the very first time he saw her. It took time for him to reach her due to her silent nature but his charms were irresistible even for Della. Slowly and steadily love blossomed in their hearts but they kept their feelings for each other to themselves, afraid to lose each other if the feeling of love wasn't mutual.

When they were in their final year Della's parents died in an accident leaving her helpless and alone in this world. As Della didn't have any relative other than her parents, Rick was the only person left in her life. She used to cry all the time saying that there wasn't anyone left to care for her or love her, that now she was all alone in this world. Hearing Della's words and seeing her in so much pain compelled Rick to express his feelings towards Della. He wanted to show her that he is always there for her to love her, to care for her and she is not alone in this world. No matter what he will always be there by her side.

So just after twelve days from her parent's death, Rick proposed her and she immediately accepted it. Rick was like her whole world. With the passing time, the pain of losing her parents became less. Rick healed her emotional wounds with his love and care. Many times he used to stay at her place to decrease her loneliness.
"I'm always there for you Dell", this single line was a ray of hope in those dark hours of her life.

After their graduation, they got married. It was the most special day for both of them as on that day they became each others in every sense.  How special she felt on their wedding night when on entering their room Rick whispered in her ear, "Welcome in our little paradise love."

Rick's parents loved Della as their own daughter. Both of them were living happily together. Their family was like their small world. Unfortunately, Rick's parents passed away in an accident only after six months from their marriage. Both Rick and Della were heartbroken but at least they were there for each other. They became each other's strength. After all, they had to remain strong at least for the sake of the innocent life that was growing inside Della's womb.

Just two days after their first anniversary Della gave birth to a beautiful boy. They loved their son dearly. They decided to name him with their names and they named him DELLRICK. He was their son, pride, joy and everything. With his birth came the joy and happiness in their life, once again. Holding his son in his arms Rick sat beside Della, resting his head beside Della's he said, "you two are not only my family but also my world." Della's eyes filled with tears of happiness hearing his words.

After becoming parents they both got busy and their parent's death became a past incident for them as now they found a reason for their happiness. The reason being their son.

Everything was going on smoothly until Della's health started deteriorating six years after their marriage. She became paler and thin every day. Dark circles began to form under her eyes. She was becoming a bit ugly. The glow in her eyes was gone. Her tear-stained face and sad expressions were enough to explain that something was wrong but how can Rick notice when all his attention is focused on his new P.A. Sam. Slowly he lost his interest in Della as now he was more interested in Sam.

Sam and Rick started having a secret affair. Rick gifted her a new house and a car. Making the excuse of business trips he started to stay at Sam's place for a few days every month. Sam knew that she could have Rick all to herself only if Della was removed from his life and through the emotional drama she was successful in convincing Rick to divorce Della.

***

Author's Note:

What could be the reason for Della's sudden deteriorating health?

Will, they are able to share their lovely bond again and save their marriage or will fate part them forever?

Sometimes love gets rusted by the time it only needs some fresh polish of understanding and realisation. Will Rick realise it soon or will he realise it when it's too late...
Because true love never dies a natural but it is murdered by betrayal.