The End (part 1)...

Surprise for her...

Today Rick came early from the office as he wanted to bring a smile on Della's face by decorating the swing with flowers. At least till these last twenty days, he can make her feel happy and they can enjoy each others company.

In the morning had Della went to his office and left Dellrick there. She told his Secretary to send Dellrick in his cabin. She didn't even go inside his cabin. She only texted him that she is having some important work and will come home in the evening.

Now he decorated the swing and ordered the dinner from outside. Della came home at seven thirty in the evening. He wanted to ask where she went but seeing her dull expressions he left that thought. He knew something was bothering her but he didn't ask her anything as he didn't want to spoil his mood.

After she got freshen up he called her from the lawn and she came outside. She got
shocked and immediately her eyes filled with tears. Maybe she also remembers the day he proposed to her. It took him by surprise when she came towards him and hugged him and told, "Whatever happens Rick I'll always love you truly. Forgive me for all those fights that I fought with you. Always remember Rick that I'll be loving you even after my death."

Her words felt like a prick in his heart.
'But you deserve them Rick', told the voice in his mind. But the thought of people calling Sam as his kept just put cold water on his burning emotions and he immediately pulled back from their hug.

Della sat on the swing with Dellrick for some time. Seeing them smiling happily filled Rick's heart with happiness. He then realised that in spite after many years, despite them growing old, despite all these things between them Della still has a special place in his heart which he'll never be able to give Sam but still he'll have to break Dell's heart to save his and Sam's reputation.

********** ********** *********

3 MONTHS LATER......

In these three months time, Rick realised that his love for Della has never ended. It only got rusted with time and only needed some polishing which living once again as old times did.

Even if she is less beautiful now, still he won't leave her alone. After all, he is everything for her and she is his everything. She has no one in her life beside him, not even a friend. It's just that it took him a long time to realise this but still, it isn't too late.

In the morning he told Sam that he is taking her job back. She can find some other job for herself and also another man. At first, she started her emotional drama and he really felt sorry for her so he told her to keep the car and the house to herself which he gave her a year before. He also gave her forty thousand cash, as money was not a problem for him. At that very moment, her tears stopped and she was grinning. It was then that he realised that she never loved him but his money and he was too blinded by lust and desire that he didn't see the truth. What he felt for her was not love but pure lust...

********** ********** **********

In the afternoon...

With a heart full of love and happiness Rick headed towards his home. Today he ended everything between Sam and him. Today he'll apologise to Della for everything, for every time that he hurt her. Today he'll tell her I LOVE YOU for unlimited times.

Reaching home he pressed the doorbell.
Even after pressing the bell 3 times Dell didn't open the door so he tried to knock hard but the door instantly opened.

Maybe she forgot to close the door and now maybe she is in the bathroom or sleeping he thought.

He headed towards their bedroom. Dellrick is sleeping on the bed but Della isn't there. He opened the bathroom door but she isn't there. He searched in the kitchen and lawn but she is nowhere. Know only their guestroom is left. But why will Della be there at this time? He thought and went towards the guestroom.

There she was sitting on a chair and her back was towards the door and her head was resting on the chair. Maybe she fell asleep on the chair he thought. He recognised her dress from the gap between the chairs back. She was wearing the same white dress that he gave her on the day he had proposed to her. "See my luck today also I wanted to say those same words to her and she is wearing the same dress," he thought. He felt happy that she still kept it safe. He called her but she didn't reply so he went in front of her to wake her up and got the greatest shock of his life, she....she...she had cut her wrist and blood coloured her white dress with red.

His legs felt week and he fell down on his knees and tears started running down his cheeks. He checked her heart beats but there was only silence...

He cursed himself. "What have I done? She didn't do suicide but I killed her. Yes, I killed my wife, my only love, my life with my own doings by breaking her heart. My betrayal is the reason for her suicide. I AM A BLOODY MURDERER," he cursed himself.

He felt like everything was gone because she was everything to him and he realised it too late...

If only he can go back in time and change everything. He will happily give all his wealth to do so but its impossible. The pain in his heart was unbearable. He felt like his heart will just explode with so much pain. But after all, he is the only reason behind it. He deserved it all for what he did. He broke his promises, he betrayed her, he felt like the worst person in this world.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
😭😭😭😭😭😭
TO know the reason behind her suicide wait for my next update...
Still, one chapter is left before the epilogue.
Sorry to my readers who wanted Della to stay alive and be with Rick but you will understand why I did it in my next update.

Maybe some people will learn a lesson from this story and will love their loved once dearly and never will they try to betray them. And if it happens in case of at least a single person I'll feel very much happy.