THE END (PART 2)....

Rick noticed a note on the table. Seeing it he immediately recognised her handwriting. He began to read it...

Dear love,
                   I am sorry if my suicide hurts you.
Please don't blame yourself for this as I am doing this for my own good. After all being away from you means death to me.

Do you know why I asked those three months time? Rick, I didn't ask them so that I could change your mind in those days but I wanted to show my son, how much his father loved his mother. I don't want him to hate you for my suicide.

I also wanted to spend my last few days happily with you as I had only three months left to live. Rick, I am having Blood Cancer and I am on the last stage. Symptoms weren't severe so it wasn't diagnosed at an early stage.

Do you remember six months before, that day when I was having a fever? That day you came late and you were angry because I didn't prepare dinner. Actually, I came to know about my disease on that day and I was heartbroken. I didn't tell you about my disease because from past few days I saw lipstick marks on your shirt so I knew you were having an affair with someone but I wanted you to continue with it so that you won't remain alone and heartbroken when I die and I also didn't want you to pity me and maybe after being aware about my disease I thought you will stop your affair feeling guilty and I didn't want that to happen even when it felt like someone was stabbing my heart I kept the pain to myself  so that you'll remain happy even after my death because I would hate to see you in pain even after my death.

That day when you decorated the swing for me I just remembered the day you proposed to me, thanks dear for making that lovely moment alive once again in my life.
That same day I left Dellrick with you because I had to visit my doctor and I couldn't take him with me. That day the doctor told me that only a few more days were left for me to live.

I'll really miss our breakfast routine and the cheerful face of our son but as always your happiness is my first preference but being selfish I am not able to sign those divorce papers as I don't want to spend my last few days alone without you. The time that I spent with you is the golden time of my life. I'll take their memories with me.
               Best of luck with your new start in life. Always remember to keep Dellrick happy. Just transfer the love that we once shared with our son Dellrick. Love him the same way you loved me a few years back. He'll miss me terribly but you'll have to take the place of both of us in his life. Time will make him forget me as he is too small but remember to show him my photo and assure him that his mom loves him very much. It's just that I love his father more than him.
            I wanted your name to be written with my name on my grave so I couldn't sign those papers as I wanted to die as your wife
and I knew today you will ask me to sign those divorce papers so you can marry your new lover and I won't deny you of your happiness because after all LOVE is Seeing Our Lover Happy Even If His Happiness Is Being With Someone Else.
               My love for you won't ever die Rick.
True love always remains alive there's no end to it. It will just get transferred from 2 lover's love to a father and son's love. After all,  LOVE IS A THING BEYOND AGE...

                         Goodbye, my prince charming,
From someone who was once your princess.

He knows what she meant by that...
FLASHBACK:

"Hello prince charming. How was your day?"
Della asked me as soon as I came home.

"I would like it more if you just call me hotty you know prince charming doesn't suit my personality I am more hot and sexy then that Disney prince", I told her taking 1-year-old Dellrick in my arms.

"I didn't mean it that way, dear. What I mean is that how that prince came in Cinderella's life and took away all her sorrows and pain the same way you came in my lonely life and filled it with happiness and now we are continuing to live in our happily ever after."

Flashback ends.

The pain that he felt in his chest is unbearable. He felt like this earth should open up and swallow him whole. No punishment in this world is suitable for him. He felt like the worst human alive.

"Dad, what happened to mom? Why is she bleeding, did she got hurt?" His son's voice brought his senses back. He'll have to be strong at least for his son. So he replied to him, "no dear mom was sick and know she is at peace".

"Thank God mom is at peace know because she always cried before sleeping and also while writing in her diary," Dellrick told him.

He got shocked on hearing that. Now he knew why some words on the note were a blur and Della's cold dead eyes were still red. Shit.. she cried in her last time also and all because of him.

She was in so much pain. She was undergoing so much stress and that's the reason why she got irritated so easily and why she became a bit harsh and rude in the last few months. She was suffering alone and he was enjoying his time with Sam. He just wanted to die at this moment to end this emotional pain but he'll have to live for Derrick's sake to fulfil Della's wish to keep him happy.
**********          **********        **********

Two days later...

Della's funeral gave him immense pain and Derrick's constant demand for his mom made his wounds fresh.

He put Dellrick in the bed assuring him that he'll soon find his mom. Yes, this is the lie that he told Dellrick that Della is lost. He didn't let him see her burial so he kept him in the office with one of his trusted employee on that day. The thought of never seeing her again gave him unbearable pain during her burial.

Since Della's death, he indulged himself in his work so much that he didn't have any free time for himself. But one day he remembered what Dellrick told him about Della writing in her diary and he began to search her drawer.

Della once told him that before he came in her life she had no one to share so she wrote her feelings in a diary and after he came in her life she stopped doing that. He found her diary in her drawer and began to read it......

AUTHOR'S  NOTE:

DEAR Readers do you want to know what's there in Della's diary or shall I just post the epilogue? Do let me know.