Chp 17: You are ticklish

"It's okay. I'm always here for you."

Those eight words which I hope he didn't mean just for the moment but for the future to come.

"Riya, stop crying. It's not worth it."
"Everyone I love or like leaves me."
"Hey, I didn't. I'm always here for you."

Even Nate said those words. Even he promised me to always be with me but did he keep his word?

As much as I want to believe Alyx, I'm finding it very difficult to do so.

Everyone I love leaves me. And I'm left alone. Always.

The reality is cruel. It doesn't allow me to believe someone.

Trust is a fragile thing and once it breaks, despite your attempts it is never the same. I used to trust myself, I used to trust love. But now that I think of it, it's a waste.

Suddenly, a hand is below my face and my face is lifted up. I look up to meet two dark eyes who are studying my light brown ones.

Alyx was looking into my eyes with so much care that he looked like if he leaves my eyes for one second, he will lose something. He looked once in my left eye and then in my right eye only to come back to my left eye. He repeated his actions and studying, observing, whatever he was doing.

At that moment, I felt as if for the first time someone is trying to look what I want or how I feel from the inside. We were close, looking at each other's eyes and the closeness that should make me feel uncomfortable gave me comfort.

He looked away from my eyes and sighed heavily. He is probably finding the task of reading my eyes difficult.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. His eyes were mesmerizing. I looked into them and felt a wave of warmness arise into me.

"I don't think any one of us is in mood for studying. Why not do something else?"

"Like?"

He was right. I didn't want to study right now. I wanted to forget everything.

"Why not play a game?"

"Okay. Which one?"

"Ask and answer."

"Okay. You ask first."

"What is your favorite desert?"

"Choco lava cake. Who's your celebrity crush?"

"Emma Watson. What is your biggest fear?"

"Horror movies and the thoughts that haunt me after watching it. What's your favorite color?"

"Dark blue. What's your guilty pleasure?"

"Watching slime videos. Who knows all your secrets?"

"Charissa. What music artist do you love the most?"

"Shawn Mendes. What is your favorite hobby?"

"Painting. What is the best subject?"

"Math. What is your weakness?"

"Pass."

"What? You can't do that. Say."

"No. We can pass if we want."

"You didn't say the rules."

"Okay so let's vote. I vote for a pass."

"But I vote for the answer."

"Great I won."

"How?"

"You won't understand. That's Alyx logic."