My heart started beating harder and louder in my chest and I was trying to find out if it was because I was excited, anxious or a side effect of my choices that morning.

When the doors reopened, I walked into a huge sound stage. There were white backdrops, green screens and several “rooms” of a house.

A man turned to me as I walked out and smiled. “Hello, I’m Austin.” He said with confidence, “I’m the director, you must be one of the models?”

“Yes.” I smiled, “I’m Ainslie Parsons.”

“Awesome.” He said. He was full of enthusiasm and seemed to be the most excited person in the building. “You’re the last one here. You’re not late, but you’re the last one.” He laughed.

I just laughed and smiled. What exactly was I supposed to say?

“That just means we can start early.” He said loudly, “Chris!” He yelled walking away from me.

I continued walking forward, observing everything around me.

I saw a few more models and then I saw the band.

It made me even more excited because they were all so adorable. They didn’t seem as stuck up as I thought they would be.

They were all running around with a soccer ball or jumping all over one another.

It was cute.

“One Direction and models.” A man yelled into a megaphone.

We all walked over and gathered in front of him. It reminded me of gym class back in the states when I was younger. The guys were on one side, the girls were on the other.

“Alright,” He said without his megaphone, “We’re going to split you up for the couple scenes.” I breathed in a little bit. Yeah, I didn’t know there’d be any couple scenes. “Danielle, Eleanor, obviously you’re going to be with Liam and Louis.”

One of the guys with light brown hair and a striped shirt started cheering. The gorgeous pale brunette next to me started laughing.

“So you guys can go now.”

Two guys, along with the pale brunette and the tanner curly haired brunette walked away.

The guys that were left were a cute little blonde, a black haired guy who seemed really mysterious and a brunette with curly hair and green eyes that happened to be boring into me at that moment.

I looked down, biting my lip trying not to smile as he grinned to himself and looked back at the producers.

“Harry,” Austin said pointing to him, “You’re going to be paired up with Ainslie.”

My heart leapt into my throat as my name was mentioned. “Go get acquainted.”

He smiled at me and tilted his head towards one side of the studio. I smiled back and followed him over.

“I’m Harry.” He said, sitting down.

“I’m Ainslie.” I smiled, joining him.

“Where are you from?” He asked furrowing his eyebrows, his green eyes roaming around my face, making me feel self-conscious.

“I’m from a small town outside of Las Vegas, but I moved to London a few months ago.”  I mumbled as I felt all of the blood rush to my face.

“I’m from Cheshire.” He said motioning to himself, leaning into me. “Tell me more about yourself.”

I hated when casting agents would ask me that. Like, what exactly do you want to know.

“Like what?” I asked, laughing nervously and brushing my blonde hair back behind my ear.

Harry thought to himself for a second. “How old are you? What do you like to do? What are you afraid of? Everything.”

I sighed. “I don’t think we have enough time for that.” I eyed him sarcastically and he laughed in return.

When he laughed a shock went through me. It was toxic. “Try.” He smiled.

“Well, I’m 18. I enjoy my coffee black, sleep and The Beatles. I like to watch film. I like to cook.” I said scratching my brain for everything. “Oh, and I’m afraid of fish.”

“Fish?” He asked, knitting his eyebrows together.

“They’re creepy.” I said laughing. “What about you, Mr. Pop Star? What do you like to do? Bask in your rays of awesomeness?”

He eyed me for a second; trying to figure out if I was serious before he continued. “Ehm, I like music. Obviously. We’re just starting to tour and stuff a lot, so that’s what takes up most of my time now. But I also like to cook, and golf is pretty cool too.”

I laughed to myself. He sounded like such a loser on paper, but he was strangely charming in person.

“What?” He asked laughing, seeming offended.

“You sound like such an old man minus the touring thing.” I laughed.

“What about you!?” He said motioning towards me. “You’re afraid of fish!”

“We’re gonna start filming for Na Na Na soon!” The man with the megaphone said. “Everybody get to hair, make-up and wardrobe!”

“Let’s do this!” The blonde yelled running past us. His model trailed behind him, looking miserable.

“Let’s go on, now.” Harry said standing up, extending his hand to help me out.

Gosh.