First Date 35

Ocean eyes- Billie eilish

I'm cringing, but enjoy

"So, where are we going?" Eddie asked Richie as he hopped into the passenger seat of Richie's really old Jeep.

"That's for me to know you you to find out my dear spaghetti." Richie replied starting the engine on the car and backing out of his drive way. "Might I say you look dashing tonight. Although, when do you not?" Richie said with a weird accent that Eddie couldn't quite put his finger on

Eddie blushed, "Stop exaggerating." he replied with the brush of his hand, thinking Richie was just joking.

"My oh my Eddie, can you trust me just this once? You always look absolutely stunning. If I had to look at only one thing for the rest of my life I'd want it to be you." Richie said seriously this time.

Eddie did not know how to reply to that. He just softly smiled looking down at his hands in his lap. "Uhm, thank you. You look great too." Eddie said quietly.

Richie reached his hand and placed it on Eddies hands, one hand still in the wheel of the car, of course. The drive down a long curvy road with minimal street light.

"Did we have to take the back roads, Rich?" Eddie asked looking at the dark scenery.

"No. I just wanted to be in the car with you for a long time." Richie said rubbing circles on Eddies hand with his thumb.

"Can you please tell me where we are going?!"  Eddie begged

"I'll give you a hint. We've been there before." Richie chuckled to himself at the memory. "Without the rest of the losers, just us two."

"That could be anywhere!"

Eddie began to think where they had been alone with no one else recently. The park, where they went after the Olive Garden incident, but that was on the other side of town. The old abandoned house in the middle of the woods where Richie told Eddie that he was his very best friend in 6th grade, but Richie would know not to bring Eddie there on a first date, especially at night. And then there was the fair, last year, both the boys were so bored because all of there friends were out of town on vacations so they went to the state fair, they had a blast that night. Richie bought Eddie cotton candy and popcorn and Eddie won a small little stuffed animal for Richie in the ring toss game.

"Give me another hint please!" Eddie requested.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it, eds. We'll be there soon."

"Just please tell me we aren't going into the woods alone." Eddie said

"We aren't going into the woods."

"Then why did you make me bring a hoodie?"

"Incase you get cold, silly."

Richie drove for a few more minutes till they reached their destination. DRAME showed up in red neon lights.

"What are we doing here?" Eddie asked

It's a club Richie took Eddie a couple of times to watch stand up comedians or to watch a play and eat some food. Richie absolutely loved it there, Eddie could tell, every time Richie had brought him, (which was only 3 times in 2.5 years) Eddie could feel the joy radiating off of his body.

"You'll see." Richie said as he hopped out of the parked car and went to open Eddies door for him. Eddie stepped out of the car and Richie grabbed his hand.

"I didn't know you've only ever brought me here." Eddie said "I always thought you would have brought Stan or Bev or even Derrick here."

As they reached the door the bouncer gave them a huge smile. "Are you ready for the big night, Richie?" The man wearing a name tag that said Oliver Moore asked.