I don't know how to tell you this, but... 17

Falling for you- Peachy!

This chapter is gonna be the date, idk how good it's gonna be bc like I'm only good at dialogue and not anything else... that's why I write books that are just ppl texting lol but anyway here ya go hoes.

-8.00pm @ olive garden-

"Shit, why the hell are they late?" Eddie asked Mike and Stan who had arrived just moments ago.

Mike was wearing black jeans and a periwinkle fitted button-up shirt. Stan, wearing khakis, a white button-up shirt, and a sweater vest. Their hands interlaced as the stood near the boy who was stressing out.

Eddie had gotten there at 7.30 waiting for all his friends and mystery date to show up. Eddie wore black jeans and a salmon sweater.

"Eddie, you need to relax, its only been five minutes. Just breathe." Mike said comfortingly.

"Look, here come Bill and Rosa." Stan pointed across the parking lot.

Eddie was getting frustrated already, he hated waiting, even if it were for only five short minutes. The feeling of being late or making someone else wait irked him so he tried his best to always be on time. Bill was wearing a navy blue and yellow striped shirt and a baseball cap. Rosa looked beautiful, she was in a skintight black velvet dress and an oversized jean jacket that looked like Bill's from earlier that year.

"S-s-sorry we are late, there was an accident on the highway." Bill explained.

"Wow, you look so cute, Eddie," Rosa stated cheerily. "Your date is one lucky lady."

Eddie hated being called cute, he absolutely despised it. "Yeah, thanks. You look great, all of you do."

"Richie just texted me saying he was on his way," Stan told Eddie.

"Finally," Eddie said both to Stan telling him this information and seeing that Ben and Bev had arrived.

Ben was wearing dark blue jeans a brown flannel and a leather jacket and Bev was wearing a black mini skirt and a sparkly black crop top.

"Shouldn't we go in and reserve a table?" Mike suggested.

"I already did," Eddie stated looking down at his watch. "They said a 15- 20-minute wait."

"So you gave us shit about being late for nothing?" Stan sarcastically asked with a slight smirk on his face.

"Hey. Are you excited to meet Derrick?" Bev asked.

"I already did." Eddie spoke still looking into the distance for his mystery date who should be arriving with Richie and Derrick at any moment now. "Well, sorta."

"W-wait- woah what?!" Bill said confused

"Yeah, he thought Richie was cheating on him with me or something, it was weird."

"That's actually"Mike started, but couldn't finish his sentence because he was laughing too hard. "fucking hilarious," Stan finished

"ooO who is Derrick?" Rosa asked

"He is a really hot college student that Richie is dating," Bev stated.

"I'm right here." Ben joked

"Kaspbrak, table of ten?" A man said over the speaker.

"Where the hell are they?" Eddie asked frustrated. "I'm gonna kill Richie."

"Calm down, we'll just text him to meet us inside" Bev suggested.

They all walked inside and were escorted to their table, Eddie sat on the far end and left three seats open near him. He checked his phone. 8.38 where the hell could he be?

"Shit guys, sorry I'm late." Richie said taking the closest seat next to Eddie. He was wearing high waisted light jeans and a black turtleneck.

"Yeah, yeah. Just sit t-the fuck down and get ready to o-o-order."

"Where are Derrick and the girl you promised me?" Eddie whispered

"Derrick broke up with me today, and Jenna said she changed her mind. She's an ass." Richie whispered back scooting his chair closer to Eddie.

"Wha-" Eddie chocked out.

"Eddie, I need to talk to you." Richie looked sad like he was about to cry. He stood up with his hand out for Eddie to grab.

"Erhm, we'll be right back. Can you just order me a water if our waiter comes?" Eddie asked the table of his friends.

"Of course." Mike said.

Richie walked Eddie into the men's room and just stood there for a while. Eddie was starting to worry. He had a pain in his chest like Richie was about to tell him someone died or something.

"Rich, what is it? Please talk to me."

"Eddie, I- I don't know how to tell you this, but..."

"Just tell me."

"I'm so sorry for everything my mom put you through."

"Is your mom okay?"

"y-yeah, sorta. that's not what I wanted to tell you though."

"Well, what is it?"

"You're gonna hate me."

"What do you mea-" Eddie was cut off by lips smashing into his.

Eddie didn't know what was happening, why was he kissing him? why would he do this? why? why? why?

Yet he kissed back.

He felt the emotion Richie was feeling. sadness. heartbreak. fear.

He wanted Richie to feel better, he didn't know what he was doing.

Eddie pulled away. Just staring at Richie in... horror??? disgust???

"I like you, Eddie."

"I- I- no, no. you don't."

"Yes, I do, and you like me too." Richie said taking a step toward Eddie

"No, I don't." he said shaking his head as if in denile

"But you kissed me back," Richie said as if proving a point

"I just wanted you to feel better. I didn't know what was going on."

"We were kissing for like ten minutes."

"Well, now I feel bad." Eddie looked at the tiled floor.

"Why is that?" Richie asked.

"'cause, Rich, I'm not gay." Eddie said. He didn't believe it, but he still said it.

"oh."

Eddie was confused... very confused.