Chapter 3

Registration began that morning and even though it wasnt due till the next two to three weeks. I wanted to do it on the first day when the queue wouldn't be so long.

I got Faith to agree with me so, we walk together to the office where we would pay the fee and get into the queue. She stood in front of me and I stood behind her making me the last person in the queue.

"Babes, do you know that Shalewa isn't coming again. Her pregnancy is now showing." Faith said in awe like she could not believe it.

"Eehn eehn, that girl that used to act as if she's holy. How come?" I asked her as if she would know as I thought about the petite girl with the perfect shape.

"I don't even know, she claimed the boy raped her but he said they were dating and some of her friends even confirmed it. If you see that day eehn, her mother almost ran mad." Faith said laughing, probably reliving the memory in her head as I found myself thinking of what may have happened if I was the one in her situation.

Dont even think about it, dont start feeling pity for her. Faith said as she turned around and saw my expression. It was like she could read my mind.

"Okay, Okay That boy sef, is he also a student ni?" I muttered as I went along with what she was telling me.

"I heard he was a senior, he was in year 2 then. The boy don leave our school shaa. (The boy has left our school.)" She replied.

"Thats sad. I said, thinking about how the young pretty girl would have to become a young mother.

He's old enough to be a father nah, All that's left is for him to write his final exams anyways." Faith said with a nonchalant attitude that says she could care less if they wind up dead the next day. A small smile graced my face at her expression as someone joined the queue.

I turned around unconsciously to see who was behind me, it would be an understatement if I said seeing Tayo behind me surprised me because it didnt, I was flaggerbasted.

"Hello." I said in a small voice, feeling intimidated by his looks.

He did not acknowledge me, he just stared blankly at me for a few minutes as if asking why I was greeting him before looking elsewhere. Feeling insulted, I turn away from him to mind my business as Faith who had witnessed the whole thing said,

Didnt you hear that she was greeting you? she asked as I silently begged her with my eye not to cause a scene and just let it go but Faith was of course oblivious to it.

"Goodness, not this lousy girls again. What do you want?" He asked in an intimidating angry voice that wasnt loud enough to attract people to us but clear enough to send his message that he wasnt interested in talking to us.

"Nothing, we are sorry." I said in a rush trying to put an end to the whole conversation as Faith kept on glaring at him.

"Faith, stop looking at him na. I try to whisper at Faith who I knew was busy beating him up in her head with a badass outfit and heels, she has such wild imaginations.

Who cares, she can stare all she wants, just dont talk to me." he replied nonchalantly as we made eye contact and I looked away.

"Pele! (sorry ooh!). I dont know what this one is even feeling like, it not as if you are even handsome... she said as I almost turn around to gape at her and ask her if she thought he wasnt handsome right in front of him.

A piece of an idea though, I think you should pack your shitty attitude into your school bag and don't get people in a bad mood this morning." She replied, glaring at him, and at that moment, I was grateful looks doesnt kill otherwise Tayo would have been six feet under.