ASSUAGE - Introduction

Hi, lovers of Behind the Walls. ☺️ It has been a long time and since majority of my readers here aren't on my email list, I'm treating this as my newsletter.

Earlier last month, I announced that I am working on a new book and this post is to introduce the book to you. My new book is titled Assuage and it is set to release on the 17th of December 2022.

Assuage's Blurb

Olamide Coker is quickly approaching 30 - and is still single, much to the dismay of her overbearing mother.

Haunted by the demons of her past, she is hesitant to change her life. But when a blind date set by her mother goes wrong, it fills Olamide with the drive and strength to take control of her life and face her past.

And even when every piece of her screams not to, she decides to open her heart again and is astonished by the depths of a magnificent love, unlike anything she has ever experienced.

Excerpt

"Olamide, a house cannot be burning and we will be watching it burn without doing anything," she starts after we settled in her room. I know my mother is talking about my unmarried status, yet I couldn't help my huge desire to ask her which house was burning.
"I have gone to my pastor and he told me that your problem is that you have a spiritual husband. Oko orun!" she emphasizes. I want to laugh so hard that tears will fall from my eyes, but that would be disrespectful to my mother, and so I smile.
"Spiritual husband! That's terrible," I exclaim in Yoruba.
Mother nods and takes a deep breath before continuing. "Yes. He said it's the spiritual forces of your spiritual husband that is making it hard for you to find a husband in real life."
I want to ask her which of her pastor it is. Maybe it is the man that always had on a white garment with a colored rope around his waist. He was the one who had told my mother when I was younger that she had to be careful because I had a promising promiscuous future. Maybe it is the one from the Pentecostal church near the street entrance that my mother now attends every day without a miss even on Mondays when others were out working. Or the lady from her previous church who had told her to warn me not to hide the boyfriend I was dating in year three. The lady had claimed she had a vision that he was a cult member and would end up killing me even though I didn't date throughout my entire time in university after my first year. I really want to ask my mother those questions, but I keep mute, and she takes this as a sign of me thinking about it.
"Don't worry, Pastor already told me there's a solution to it. He told me to bring 20,000 naira and he would prepare anoiting oil, soap and prayer water that you would use every three days after the first day to break all the forces of the spiritual husband in your life," she says, and I nod.
I want to tell her not to waste her money. I know her 20,000 naira will end up in the trash can at the gate of my apartment. Instead I answer, "Okay ma."

If you are still here, this could only mean that you will be interested in my next offer. I am excited about the release of Assuage and I can't wait for a lot of my first family to read it and see how much I have grown. So, if you would love to win a free copy (paperbook and Ebook) on release day or get an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. Comment below or join my email list (link in bio) so you can get a chance to be a winner on publication day.

http://eepurl.com/h8_yr9 - Join my email list

See you in my newsletters 🤗🤗