~Chapter 6~

Only one more chapter after this, everyone! I'm very sorry for late updates! ~Emmy

______________

Diane wasted no time in scrambling up, not caring about how much noise she made. Her memories were back, every memory from when she met Harlequin to when he left for the burning village. With these new memories came new emotions as well. Anger, sadness, shock, happiness, nervousness, but most importantly, the strongest emotion of all; love. 'Harlequin...I wonder if he kept his promise after all these years of me not knowing, of me fawning over someone who would never love me back..' The thought that he might've moved on made Diane's heart break but she'd never know if she didn't ask. With that thought, the giantess began walking to where she knew Harlequin was last; the Sacred Tree in the middle of the forest. She knew her loud footsteps awoke some fairies and wildlife, mostly because she got quite a few dirty looks and loud squeaks from whatever was nearly crushed under her feet.

As the Sacred Tree came into view, Diane realized something; she was a giant, meaning there was no way in hell that she was fitting into the tree without breaking it. She stopped in front of it and puffed her cheeks out stubbornly. 'Now how am I supposed to get in there? I could shrink but my clothes ripped when I turned back to a giant..' As the giantess stood there contemplating how to get in, Oslo appeared from a portal behind her and let out a loud bark. Diane whirled around and her face lit up.

"Oslo! I need your help! Please?!~"

The dog tilted his head to the side curiously, waiting to hear her request.

"I need you....topleasegototheBoar'sHatandgetmesomehumansizedclothesireallyneedthemPLEASE."

Diane inhaled deeply, having used up all her breath from that sentence. His ears lowered and he released a sound that she could only interpret as a groan of annoyance. Nonetheless, a portal appeared in front of him and he disappeared. 'So stubborn..' The giantess thought and then blinked upon hearing some familiar squeaking sounds from the other side of the tree. She hummed and then turned, walking around the Sacred Tree. On the other side were just the creatures she wanted to see; the Chicken-Matango mushrooms, aka the mushrooms that could shrink her.

"Yay!~"

Without hesitation, she grabbed one and gave it a harsh squeeze. It squeaked in pain and anger before releasing a sparkly purple mist from the shroom on its head. Diane then dropped it to the ground, watching it land on top of the others and scurry away. She felt the familiar tingling run through her body as her body got smaller and smaller while her surroundings and clothes got bigger and bigger. After about a minute, she was sitting in the large orange fabric of her leotard, fully shrunk down. She didn't bother folding it; she'd need in a few hours anyways.

"Alright, now I just have to wait for Oslo and-"

"Bawoof!"

Diane turned around just in time to see Olso squirm his way through the portal. On his back was a pair of white undergarments and a simple orange dress with ribbons on the end of the sleeves. The brunette eagerly grabbed them and gave the dog a pat on the head.

"Thanks Oslo!"

She chirped and slipped on the undergarments and then the dress. Once she was fully dressed, she began her walk back around the tree. Some fairies passing by would stare or do a double take, for she was definitely the girl from before but was no longer huge. However, Diane paid them no mind. Her purple eyes held a hard gaze, focused on their mission.  Finally, she reached the entrance of the Sacred Tree and slipped inside.

The inside of the tree was absolutely beautiful. There were long winding hallways made of twisted roots and bark while colorful flowers and leaves decorated the inside. Several small animals ran through as well as some fairies. She had expected it to be a sight; the rest of the forest was, after all! What she wasn't expecting was who she'd run into the moment she walked through the entrance.