~Chapter 2~

The fairy waited until the next morning before leaving. It was extremely early, not even Meliodas was awake to begin getting the tavern ready for the day ahead. It wasn't so hard to get past Gowther. Ban was nowhere to be found. The hardest part was sneaking past Diane. Diane was still small, as her clothes were still in the process of being made. She stayed downstairs with a pillow and blanket, sleeping on a table. 'I'll be coming back. She can handle herself.....but I can't help but worry.' King thought as he stared at the sleeping brunette. It took him several moments to command his body to move towards the door but he eventually left.

Hugging Chastiefol to his chest, the Grizzly Sin flew in the direction of his homeland. It may have been years since he last saw it but he remembered the way to the forest perfectly. Over valleys and across rivers he flew, through forests and around villages. It wasn't about he was 3/4th's of the way there that the feeling arrived. The feeling that he was being watched. The sun had began to rise so he was able to see a bit better. The Fairy King was able to continue for a while longer until the feeling became too much so he stopped and whirled around suddenly, just in time to see a figure hide behind a tree.

His amber eyes narrowed and Chastiefol transformed into it's spear form, aimed at the tree.

"I know you're there, so come out."

It took a minute but the figure emerged from behind the tree, causing King's eyes to widen and his jaw to drop.

"D-D-Diane!?"

The shrunken giantess grinned at him and nodded.

"Mhm!"

"Have you been....following me?"

King asked, feeling his cheeks start burning from a blush.

"Yeah! I saw you leave...it was so early so I decided to follow you. I was worried, especially after you flew so far away from the Tavern."

King's cheeks became painfully hot but he could care less. 'Diane was worried about me......she was worried about me...'He thought as he stared at her, his Sacred Treasure reverting back to pillow form.

"So, where exactly are you going this early?"

The giantess asked, narrowing her eyes slightly. King sweat-dropped upon seeing that she wasn't going to let him continue on his journey unless she got an honest answer.

"I'm going to visit my homeland. After the battle with Helbram and Hendrickson....I just can't stop thinking about it. I think it's about time I visit."

He admitted honestly. 'Even if there's nothing left...'

"Oh. I guess I'll come with you then!"

Diane chirped, smiling at him. The fairy looked at her in shock.

"W-what!?"

"I've already followed you this far. Might as well come with you the rest of the way, right? Unless you don't want me to...."

King shook his head wildly, landing in front of her.

"T-t-that's not it! Of course I want you to come with me!"

He exclaimed and Diane smiled.

"Thanks King.....now c'mon, let go!~"

She said and began walking ahead of him. King sighed softly and flew up again, quickly appearing beside her.

King continued his journey with Diane by his side. He told her what his homeland was like and a little bit about his past with Helbram, also mentioning Elaine from time to time. Unfortunately, he also had to mention how the forest was now destroyed. As he was talking, he failed to notice how Diane stopped in her tracks.

"King?"

"Yes Dia-"

He was cut off by flying right into somebody.

"Hey! Watch it!'

King rubbed his nose and blinked as he noticed who he ran into.

"Jericho?"

Diane asked, taking the words right out of his mouth. The former Holy Knight Apprentice nodded.

"What're you....."

King trailed off as he noticed where they were. They were standing on a hill with several bushes and some small trees. It overlooked a large forest with a huge tree in the center.

"Is this...."

Diane started, staring in awe.

"The Fairy Kings forest..."

King breathed out, taking it all in. He turned to Jericho after a moment.

"How did you get here? What are you even doing here?"

The Fairy King demanded. Before she could respond, a voice came from behind him.

"Leave Jaleko alone. She simply followed me."

King and Diane both whirled around, only to see....

.

.

"BAN?!?!"