Kim gave me the puppy eyes, which made me look at her left fist if it was clenching to her skirt. She was, and it made me giggle in my breath secretly. Kim had always looked cute when doing this, it gave her the innocent look, which brings back the old memories of her being one.

It took a while, but I decided to trust her on this.

"Fine." I let out a breath. "But it better be."

It only took us a couple of moment of silence before something blocked my way. I was currently facing a man's chest. I lifted my head and saw Shay.

"Hey." I said, trying to sound confused.

Typically, he stilled looked like one of those typical popular jocks that ruled the school. He had two friends at his back and they were equally as good looking as he was. But of course—something about Shay just glowed dominance and the better looking one regardless of who was against him.

His chocolate hair looked different, it was messy but not in the usual 'hot' or 'effortless but still looks unresistable' look. Nope, it was just plain old messy.

Somehow his freckles was more visible than usual. His eyes remained confident and his whole demeanour still radiated a childlike stupidity.

And, with this distance, I could smell women perfume on him.

"Penny." he said.

"Shay." I took a step back. "Want anything?"

"Actually I do." he tilted his head.

I shrugged, not really caring but tried to show it as little as possible.

"And what could that possibly be?" I asked.

His reply was a smirk, which I immediately didn't like one bit and took as a bad sign. His smirks were the absolute sign of an upcoming bad news I learned a few days ago.

Some would've  surely melted witnessing these infamous smirk by Shay White, but me? Oh boy.

I pulled my head back, already not liking where this was going.

But, to make it clear though, Shay and I were actually pretty cool now. It took me a couple of times to realized that he wasn't really as bad as I make him out to be. He was an airhead, of course, but he was a good guy. We even text sometimes and but never call.

There is this one thing that he still couldn't pick up that really does get in my nerves. He still doesn't get the 'S' text.

Which meant 'studying', for short. Do not disturb.

My three best friends; which were really the only people who actually texts me, knew about the infamous letter text. It wasn't even that hard to pick up, regardless if we were close or not.

I already explained this to Shay but something tells me his little brain capacity still couldn't take a hint. Well, it's either that or he was just doing it on purpose just for the heck of it.

"I'm here to inform you that I, Shay White, am going to be your partner in Med Class."

I pulled my head back. For a second I laughed, indicating I was already taking it as a joke and how I was already waiting for his killer punchline. Moments went on as he still remained a settle eye contact with me, it clicked to me there wasn't going to be one anytime soon.

"You're kidding." I said. "You're not my partner. Carlus is. I picked him in case you've forgotten."

This morning we had Med Class and we had to do a project with a particular someone. We had the permission to pick and I took the opportunity to choose the best option I had at that time, which was Carlus Peterson. You see, we were required to pair with the opposite gender. I didn't really get the beneficial of the concept but that held the chances with me and Kim pairing up pretty impossible. Lloyd wasn't in my Med Class, so I really had no choice but to choose someone.