Chapter 30

I was able to arrive school before the bell rang. I felt relieved, settling my backpack as I went inside Building B.

Although I knew I wasn't late I still picked up my pace cu'z that's just how conscious I am with my tardiness. I was in such a hurry that it didn't even came to mind that I might run in to someone. But then--

Humf!

Piles of papers flew in the air and I fell on the ground. I winced by sore impact.

"Oh, god. I'm so sorr—." I said, but soon stopped my sentence when I saw who I was on the floor with. "Mica."

"P-Penny." She said dumbfoundly. Her forehead was bright red and I could clearly see the surprise in her eyes.

"Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry." I said as I pile as much papers as I can.

"No, it's fine really. You didn't mean it."  She said, piling the papers as well.

"I was hurrying. I'm really sorry."

"Please, don't be. Really."

When we seemed to have piled all the papers together, I stood myself up first before helping Mica.

"Again, I'm sorry." I said again.

"Penny, please." She said with a smile. You could see right through her eyes how genuine she was. She was cute.

I smiled back, then gently touched her shoulder as I slowly moved my way pass her. "Well, I better get to class. See you later, Mics."

Before I could move anywhere further, Mica called out. "Penny,"

Without hesitating, I turned to her. "Yeah?"

"I was wondering..." She started to speak in that usual timid voice. "If it's okay to ask...but...were you able to see him?"

Although I already knew exactly who she was referring to, I just couldn't help but reassure. "Um, him?"

I questioned myself with my sudden defensive nature; like why I felt the need to hide something.

"Kalvin." The name immediately gave my chest a heavy feeling. "Were you able to see him?"

"I..." I choked. And just then, my voice became unreachable.

I felt hurt. I felt broken, and I wanted to space out. My emotions were confusing me, making it so hard to think. I knew my feelings were all piling up together, but I couldn't determine every single one of them. I feel complicated, as though my body was completely betraying me. I can't think straight, it all feels so heavy inside.

"Yeah." I confessed.

Mica stared right at me, waiting if I'd say more.

"Was...he alright?" She asked, hoping she wouldn't ask anything out of the line.

The question caught me in a knot. I didn't want to answer, because it wasn't a good one at all.

I remember our closeness. How I wanted to hold him longer. How he was so fragile and all I wanted to do was make it all better for him. I remember his eyes; his cold, sad, lonely eyes. Never have I ever seen him so vulnerable and so in need that it drove me so crazy. I never wanted to see him like that again, never. And I thought I could; I thought I could help him take all his pain away...to atleast lessen them in anyway. To make him believe that everything was alright. I wanted him to be okay again. So badly. But although I tried, it didn't seem to help.