• Chapter Five •

It was Friday again and Jarod had to admit that he was seeing some improvement towards his grades. He also hated to admit that Violet was starting to grow on him.

He was starting to get used to her constant want to understand what was happening in his head. Her constant chipper-ness. Her constant ability to make him feel slightly less uncomfortable. Her constant questioning.

And the worst part was he didn't mind. Jarod has only spent about two weeks in knowing this girl and already he has her fucking everything up.

He stepped into the library after the bell rang, sitting himself down at the table they usually sit at for studying. There he waited.

At first, it was just five minutes, he didn't really care that much and didn't notice she was even late.

Then came ten minutes, Jarod realized Violet wasn't there and became slightly annoyed with how she was late.

Twenty minutes had to go by before Jarod became worried, only the tiniest bit. He scoffed to himself as if to prove his thoughts were ridiculous. Eventually, the boy texted her.

'Where r u?' He typed into his phone.

A couple of minutes went by before his phone dinged with a response.

'Sry, family problems. Raincheck??'

'Whatever. U know where I live, come to my house tmrw anytime.' He texted. He then realized that was a bit demanding, so he quickly covered it by saying, 'unless going to ur house is more convenient for u...'

'Ur house is fine!!!' Violet responded in her usual happy way.

Jarod rolled his eyes with a small grin on his face before picking up his things and leaving the library. Making his way to the parking lot, he got to his car and started the engine. He continued his way to his house where he decided that homework would be happening tomorrow.

Violet quickly made her way off the bus and ran into her house. She didn't care who looked at her weirdly, she just needed to see the damage. Once inside the house, she saw how demolished it was. Mauve and Amethyst we're rushing around trying to pick things up off the floor while dad was frantically cooking.

"What in the world happened?!" Violet questioned loudly and placed all of her belongings on the kitchen table. She looked around at the trashed house, noting the stuffing and ripped paper streamers on the ground.

"Oreo happened," Mauve said as she ran past Violet with an armful of streamer tissue. "You need to not just be standing there right now, Violet. I know it's a crazy sight to see right now but we all need to make this clean up quick so we can decorate again."

"The guests are going to be here in an hour and a half, we need everything done by then," Ame called from the kitchen.

Without another word, Violet took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Then her phone buzzed. It was Jarod. She mentally cursed herself as she looked at Jarod's text

'Where r u?'

She had very little time to explain, so Violet shortly wrote, 'Sry, family problems. Raincheck??'

Whatever. U know where I live, come to my house tmrw anytime.' He texted, then adding, 'unless going to ur house is more convenient for u...'

'Ur house is fine!!' Violet said quickly before closing her phone and started to work on cleaning up. What she discovered had happened was that Oreo had gotten into the streamers, ripping most of them to shreds. Thankfully, they still had a little leftover. Violet grabbed the vacuum from the closet and sucked up the shreds of streamer rather than picking them all up individually. She then proceeded to help Mauve pick up the stuffing from the pillow which Oreo also ate.