Chapter 1 - Damaged

'Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time... It tells us to tell each other our truths right now.'

-Leo Buscaglia

The liquid gold lit up the sky as reds and oranges flared around the last drops of light that slowly sunk into the darkness that eats everything and everyone... (y/n) took in a deep breath of the air as she moved another step closer to the edge of the cliff. It wasn't like death didn't scare her, it did but she feared staying here on Earth more. Tears began to leave wet marks down her cheeks as she stood over the edge. Did she really want this? It wasn't like anyone would care if she took that last step into the empty air.

(y/n) was about to take that last step when she heard voices approaching, startled she jumped back from the cliff's edge and hid behind a slowly dying bush.

 "Come on Sam! It's just a game." The owner of the excited voice was a tall brunette with a cute blond companion who was carrying a camera.

His companion-- Sam let out a sigh, "Fine, just stop going on about it Colby."

The guy-- Colby, let out a small cheer before looking very seriously at his friend. "When are the others getting anyway?"

Another sigh. "Elton is sick, Corey wouldn't come and do another one of these videos, Jake is busy buying another demon box and Aaron hasn't been answering his phone again."

Colby shrugged, "So we don't need to wait before starting? Cool I'll get the board out then."

He took off the bag from his back and unzipped it bringing out a simple board.

Wait.

It was an Ouija board.

They shouldn't play with those things, they're dangerous!

The boys put two fingers each on the slider and a chill sent shivers down (y/n) spine.

Colby started in a low tone, "Are there any spirits here that want to talk to us?"  

It took a second but the slider moved over to the YES and silenced rained.

"Do you have bad intentions?" Sam's voice broke the tension.  

The slider moved out to the NO.

Colby's brows furrowed, "Why are you speaking to us then?"

The slider moved to quickly for (y/n) to follow.

The boy's eyes widened and Sam's voice was soft as he spoke for the spirit, "Waiting."

As soon as Sam had finished the slider was moving at that same blinding pace and continued to everytime he finished speaking.

"(Y/n)."

"Must."

"Jump."

Colby looked at Sam, "(y/n)?"

Sam shrugged, "Don't look at me, I don't know a (y/n)."

Colby looked to the board, "Who is (y/n)?"

The slider didn't move and a sickening feeling rose in (y/n)'s stomach.

Colby let out a noise stuck between a sigh and a groan, "Sam... You try. The board doesn't like me."

"Fine. Who is (y/n)?"

The slider still didn't move as goose bumps began to rise on (y/n)'s bare arms.

"Colbbbbyyyyyy!!! You broke the ghost!!'" Even when he whined it sounded nice to (y/n)'s ears.

The slider went flying, straight at the bush where (y/n) was hiding.

With a small shriek (y/n) jumped to the side to dodge the slider, putting her in full view of the boys. It was only now that (y/n) felt self conscious of her ripped and dirty clothes.

Flustered, she got up and brushed some of the dust and leaves from her clothes. 

"Umm.... Bye?" (y/n) did an awkward wave as she began to run away from the boys.

She made it half way down the hill before being tackled to the hard ground by an unknown weight. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So like I said, I've decided to re-write the story from beginning to end. Don't worry though, I'll only pulled down chapters after the new one has been completed!

Don't forget to vote!