Chapter Three | College

Start from the beginning

"Alice. My name's Alice." I said, hugging my backpack closer to my body from the nerves.

"Well Miss Alice, please, follow me" he said, walking through the gates and to the front door. I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked in. Two grand marble staircases on either side of the room, a giant crystal chandelier hanging above me, and perfectly polished floors I could see my reflection in. From the corner of my eye I could spot two raven-haired figures approaching from a hallway to my right. One of them looked significantly older, probably in his mid-twenties, while the other looked to be around my age, well my real age, of fifteen. The taller one spoke up first,

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend Little D." he said grinning at the smaller boy.

"I don't Grayson, I have no idea who this is." he said glaring at me. Somewhat irritated of not being part of the conversation about me, I spoke up.

"Actually, I'm here for Tim. We're partners for a project in our computer engineering course. My name's Alice by the way" I stated. The two boys looked confusedly at me.

"My name's Richard Grayson but you can call me Dick. This kid is Damian, and we're Tm's iadoptive brothers. And aren't you a kind of young to be going to university? Sure Tim's 17, about to be eighteen, but you look like you're Dami's age." I chuckled nervously,

"Actually, I'm 18. Flattering that you think that though." I lied simply. God I hate this feeling. It's only been one day and I've already had to introduce fake me to four different people.

"Speaking of, where is that idiot?" I said with a small smile. Dick laughed while Damian smirked at me.

"I like her Grayson. Do you think Drake might finally get a girlfriend?" I giggled loudly. This little shit has never had a girlfriend? This is priceless. He has everything, money, looks, fame. And he can't get a girl? I was knocked out of my trance by someone calling my name. Turning around, I see Tim hurriedly running down one of the staircases towards us. When he reached the bottom he looked at the boys with a hard expression.

"Geez Dick, do you have to flirt with every girl you see? C'mon Alice, we've got a project to do." he said, grabbing my hand and leading me away from the other two.

"Nice to meet you!" I shouted so they could hear despite the growing distance between us.

We entered a room with shelves upon shelves of books, some probably centuries old.

"So, you never told me you had brothers." I said as we sat down on two arm chairs, the papers for the project already out on the coffee table.

"Adopted, but yes. The paperwork does say that we're family. I already think you met dumb and dumber, but dumbest has yet to reveal himself." he said humorously. Loud thuds came from the outside of the large oak doors of the library. A voice I recognized as Damian's from earlier rang through the halls.

"DAMN IT TODD! I WILL IMPALE YOU WITH ONE THOUSAND THROWING KNIVES IF YOU DON"T GET BACK HERE!" he yelled.

"Speak of the devil", Tim muttered under his breath. Another person unknown to me yelled back.

"I CAN'T DO THAT DEMON SPAWN! I GOTTA MEET REPLACEMENT'S GIRLFRIEND!"

"Jason! Don't ruin this for him! Tim's never had a girl over before!" Dick's voice sounded loud and demanding, though not as obnoxious as the last two. The double wooden doors of burst open to reveal a tall, built man with hair color that matched the rest, a white streak prominent in it. Okay he's probably in his late teens, early twenties but damn. He looked over at me in shock.

"So Dick was telling the truth. Little Timmy really does have a girlfriend", he said panting. Dick and Damian quickly caught up behind him with worried expressions looking just as exhausted.

"Sorry Tim, I may have accidentally let it slip that Alice was here." Dick apologized. Tim glared at the brothers while I sat awkwardly in silence.

"It's okay. Jason, meet Alice. Alice this is my older brother Jason." Tim said tiredly, pointing to the guy who just barged in.

"So how long have you been with Tim? And aren't you kinda young to be-" Jason questioned until I cut him off.

"Let me stop you right there. First of all, I just met Tim today since we're partners for a project at school. Secondly, were practically strangers, acquaintances at best. Lastly, I'm eighteen so please stop saying I look like I should be taking my driver's test. Now if you'll excuse me, we have work to finish." I said calmly, walking up to the door. "Goodbye now" I said sweetly, closing the door in their harshly. I turned back to Tim who was grinning like a madman.

"What the hell are you smiling about?" I asked with my hands on my hips.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because you just slammed the door in my annoying brothers' faces. I didn't even have to get punched!" he said chuckling. I rolled my eyes,

"Whatever. Let's just get back to work shall we?" I said.

***TIME SKIP SINCE I DON'T KNOW CRAP ABOUT THEIR PROJECT***

"Finally! That took way longer than I expected" I said while stretching my back, hearing a satisfying 'pop' from my spine.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's late now, did you wanna stay for dinner?" Tim offered, cracking a tense joint in his neck. I contemplated the option, not really wanting to walk home alone to get takeout in Gotham at night.

"Thank you, that's probably for the best" I said while getting up. Coincidentally, a knock was heard on the library doors as we were standing up. Alfred walked in to the dimly lit room.

"Master Tim, supper will be ready in ten minutes. Will our guest be joining us?" he said, gesturing towards me.

"Yeah. We'll be down soon." Tim answered.

"Very well. I shall prepare an extra plate." Alfred answered before heading towards the door.

"And Master Tim", the butler began.

"Yeah?"

"Master Bruce has arrived early from his business trip and requires an audience with you after the meal." Tim has a look of shock on his face.

"So he'll be eating with us?" he asked, nervous. I have to eat dinner with the five biggest playboys in Gotham?

"Of course, Master Tim." Alfred replied with a knowing smirk as he exited.

What have I just agreed to?

__________________

So Katherine has to meet Batman. Wonder how that's gonna go.

~Lz :3