6

"oh. hey..." michael mumbled, and sat down at the kitchen table when he saw luke in his kitchen cooking breakfast.

"hey, mikey..."

michael didn't know why luke was here. more specifically he didn't know why luke was here at 8 in the morning.

"listen, i don't know why you're here, but usually when you're up cooking breakfast for me it means we had sex, and i don't know if we did or not but-"

"we didn't. i would never let you do that. i'm sexually frustrated, but i'm not evil." luke laughed, and michael smiled.

"thanks for everything, luke. i don't remember much about last night, but i know i did not clean this apartment and leave pain medication on the table for myself."

luke smiled a little and shrugged, sliding a plate of pancakes over to michael.

"i'm always here, michael." luke said, making michael smile a little too.

"i love you, blondie." michael said, making luke giggle.

"i love you too, michael."

luke sat beside michael, and the older boy looked over at him.

"okay, listen. i know you don't want to try dating somebody again, but-"

"michael-"

"luke, just listen to me-"

"i have a date tonight at 7, michael. that little cafe down the street."

michael's eyes widened, and luke sighed, turning to michael.

"i- i made plans last night with somebody. and listen, this might sound weird, but will you go with me? you can sit far away, and if i need you i'll just give you a signal. i'm kinda scared to go alone-"

"luke, you can't be scared forever-"

"michael, you don't understand." luke said, and shook his head softly.

"i know i don't understand, but you don't need me there. not every guy-"

"forget i asked." luke whispered, and stood up.

"luke-"

"michael, you don't get it, okay? last time i went on a date with someone i was drugged, and if it wasn't for you i would've been rāped! it still scares me and that was 8 months ago! if something like that happened again i don't know what i would do michael. it still hurts, and it still scares me, and i thought you would understand that."

michael sighed when luke walked out of the apartment door, not giving michael a chance to say anything.