4

michael smiled as he listened to luke tell lame jokes through the microphone as the rest of the boys packed up thief stuff, ready to finally go home for the day.

"you know, luke, you could help us clean up." ashton laughed, and the blond boy shook his head.

"i'm busy, ash." he giggled before starting another joke about a giraffe.

michael threw his backpack on his shoulders, and luke looked up quickly when he saw michael ready to leave. he wanted to ask if he could spend the night with michael, but he wasn't sure if he was allowed to or not. he just wants to hang out with him.

"hey, michael? can i stay with you?" luke asked softly once he got a little closer to the older boy.

"i invited carly over for dinner and a movie. maybe another time?" michael asked, and luke smirked a little.

"dinner and a movie?" he asked, and michael smiled.

"that's all it is, luke. i swear." michael laughed, making luke smile again.

"you're lying. it's never just dinner and a movie. whenever you call me over for 'dinner and a movie' you don't even turn the tv on!" luke laughed, and michael smiled a little, shaking his head.

"she's different, luke."

luke didn't know what that meant, but he acted like he did.

"alright, mikey. good luck." luke said before the older boy smiled, turning and quickly walking from the room.

luke put his own backpack on, and watched as calum and ashton left together.

"h-hey can i get a ride?" luke asked softly.

ashton turned around right before he left the room, and looked at luke who was standing alone.

"of course. come on." ashton said, and luke lightly smiled, walking over to the other two boys.

"i thought you were going with michael?" calum said, and luke shrugged.

"he's with carly tonight." luke said, and ashton looked over at luke as they all walked.

"you wanna come back to my place? me and calum were gonna watch a movie and i think jack is coming over-"

"no, that's alright. thank you though. i think i'll just go back to my apartment and go to bed. im really tired, you know?"

ashton nodded as they got to the car, luke climbing into the backseat, and laying his head against the window.

"you miss michael?" ashton asked quietly.

"yeah."