Chapter 23

Sorry I took so long to update! I was on vacation then the day I got back orange is the new black season 6 came out and I had to binge that😂 anyways here is the new chapter!

1998
The clock ticked, it echoed in her ears. She stared at, willing it to go faster. Why wouldn't it just go faster.

Tick

Her knee bounced faster, her breathing sped up, but the clock ticked at the same rate of speed.

Tick

"Ms. Fields?" Dr. Madison her shrink spoke into the silence of the room.

Emily ignored continuing to stare in at the clock.

"Emily, we have been in this room for almost an hour and you have yet to say a word" Dr. Madison said pushing her glasses to the top of her head and folding her hands in her lap over her notepad.

Emily still avoided her gaze. Wanting nothing more for the clock to strike twelve so the hour could be up and her session would be over.

Dr. Madison sighed, this was their third session and all the brunette had done was sit on the middle of the couch silently as her eyes bored holes into the clock. " Are you going to speak at all?"

After a moment Emily's eyes left the clock and landed on the dark haired women in front of her. "I have nothing to say"

"Emily you need help let me help y-"

"I don't want help" she deadpanned

"You may not want it but you need it"

Emily scoffed as she shook her head. She stood up from the couch she was seated at and silently walked over towards the window that overlooked the small city of Rosewood. The brunette could feel Dr. Madison's eyes following her. Something she picked up during her time in Afghanistan.

"So... are you ready to talk now?"

"About what? my ungodly drinking habits, or the nightmares I get like a five year old?" Emily said in a condescending tone still not turning around.

Dr. Madison shook her head "They're not five year old nightmares Emily. They're memories, its a lot different." She explained calming

Emily scoffed. But then she started thinking about Alison, she knew that she had to get better for the blonde. She needed to be the strong one, she needed to be there for Alison. It wasnt just her anymore, she had her girlfriend to think abut now. So Emily decided then and there that she wasnt just going to do this for herself, she was going to do it for Alison.

The brunette took a deep breath, then turned around and sat down on the couch across from Dr. Madison. The women let out a great full smile, now that Emily was finally willing to cooperate.

***

Four weeks went by. Emily went to therapy twice a week, and was defiantly doing better. She hadnt had a drink since the night she had gotten arrested, and Alison was extreamly happy to see the brunette back on track again.

Alison was sitting at the dinning table writing in her notebook. Ever since the day she met Emily, she wrote a journal entry from every day she spent with her. The note book was almost filled up. The she thought that maybe someday if she and Emily stayed together, she could use these entry's to write a book about their love someday. Just as she closed the notebook shut, She felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her shoulders from behind.

"Hi gorgeous" Emily purred into her ear, her hot breath sending shivers down Alison's spine.

"Hey" The blonde craned her neck and greeted her girlfriend with a chaste kiss "How was work?"