"i don't think that'd be necessary detective kim. i don't want this situation to be more traumatic to my patient."

the man pondered about it and sighed as he took out his personal card and handed it to her. "in case... you know - he shrugged – you need us." he narrowed his eyes as he tried to motion to each side.

soon understood his sign as an offer for help, given the case hyungwon loses his mind and temper again. "thanks... but i don't think that'd be necessary." she said putting the card inside the pocket of her coat.

"alright – he lifted his hands in defeat – but still there's a fine to pay." he added, assuming she'd know.

"a fine...? how much?" she asked confused.

"$20.000" he said handing a paper that stated exactly what she said. soon's eyes widened as she read and re-read the document.

after a few minutes, she nodded. "alright. where can i pay it?"

the doors opened and a pair of guards walked out of the already long familiar hall. hyungwon was right between them, looking tired, desperate and confused.

he had dark circles around his eyes but then they fixed on the doctor he sighed in relief. "we only need him to sign this." the detective added. soon nodded.

"hyungwon-ssi... please sign this."

without hesitation and not even glancing at the paper, he did what was told, in a second.

soon felt her cheeks slightly burning at the gesture. apparently he trusted her enough to sign a paper without even looking. "well... i guess that's it. you're free to go. please behave in the future." detective kim said, motioning with his head for the guards to remove the handcuffs.

hyungwon stared at the scene with incredulity. his desperate eyes looked for the doctor's as if he was asking if that was really happening. she just gave him a reassuring smile.

"let's go." she simply said pointing with her head towards the way. hyungwon glanced around, still confused but quickly followed the doctor.

"are you alright?" she asked on their way towards the entrance. he blinked twice.

"are they really freeing me dr. park?" his voice was almost like a whisper. as if he was trying not to be heard.

she chuckled. "of course. you have nothing to do in here." she said smiling, leading him out of the police station.

the sun hit his eyes without warning and he quickly covered his eyes. soon looked for her sunglasses inside her purse and handed them to him. "here. cover your eyes and trust me, car is this way." she said grabbing his arm and leading him downstairs.

hyungwon walked slowly, next to soon as she took him to the car. he looked around marveled, as if he hadn't been out in a long time.

even if the patients were allowed to go out to the clinic's garden, some of them weren't allowed to go out of the clinic. especially patients who were interns there, patients like hyungwon.

somehow he couldn't remember when was the last time he was out, in the streets, free.

soon opened the passenger's door for him and waited until he finally got inside. she buckled him up and rushed towards the drivers seat.

being alone with hyungwon supposed a great fear since he could easily escape, if he wanted to. she didn't have any of the other male nurses with her and even if it was true she could have brought one with her, she didn't want hyungwon's experience to be traumatic.