Potions

I was walking with the trio to potions class. "Oh (Y/N), I forgot to ask, did you have any memory dreams?" Harry asked. "Memory dreams?" Hermione questioned. "I tend to have these dreams, there like flashbacks of my memories of when I was a baby, and yes I did." I responded happily.

"What was it about?" Ron asked. "It was our parents. Harry and I were playing with their wands. Then dad promised that no matter what house we get into, that he would love us no matter what." I smiled as I finished.

    Harry smiled at me. "Dad called me princess." I said to him. "Then I'll call you princess from now on." Harry declared and I smiled. "Hi (Y/N)." I turned to see Ruby walking up to walk next to me. "Hey, do you have potions as well?" I questioned. "Yeah. Professor Snape teaches that class, from what I hear he favors the Slytherins because he's the head of the house." "Well lucky us then." I joked and we both giggled.

    I walked into the class room and saw Draco. He turned when he heard me walk in and smiled at me which I gladly returned it. He patted the seat next to him. I went and sat down in it. "Hey." I greeted. "Hi." he greeted back. "Sorry about Harry this morning, I don't know what his problem is." I apologized.

"It's fine, he was just being protective. I respect that." Draco said. Then professor Snape came bursting through the door. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." He said walking up to the front of the class.

    I got out my note book and an old fashion pen similar to Harry's that I got with the left over money I had from buying his. It seemed like the better option other than dipping the quill in ink every 5 seconds. Only difference is the design.

The professor continued, "As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making

The professor continued, "As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," he stopped for a moment to look at Draco who smirked. "Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

He stopped again and looked at Harry who was writing something down in his note book, not paying attention. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention." Snape spat.

    Hermione nudged Harry in the ribs. He looked up and turned his attention to the professor. "Mr. Potter. One of our...new...celebrity. And you sister's in Slytherin. She's in this class, yes?" "Yes, I am professor." I spoke up. He turned to me. "Ms. Potter our other, celebrity. Clearly some blood lines are stronger than others." he said and turned his attention back to Harry. "Tell me, Mr. Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Harry just shrugged and Hermione's hand shot up.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione's hand shot up again. "I don't know sir." Harry spoke. "And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?" This time Hermione didn't raise her hand. "I don't know sir." "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" Professor Snape said.

    I looked at Harry who looked down at his desk. "Can you answer the first question, Ms. Potter?" Snape asked. I answered him, "You would get a sleeping potion known as the draught of living death." "The second?" "Bezoar is a stone taken from the belly of a goat, which can save you from most poisons."

"And the third?" "They're the same plant, professor, that also goes by the name aconite." I finished answering. "At least one of you had the audacity to pick up a book before coming to school. Well, why aren't you copying all that down." Snape spat. "Not bad." Draco whispered to me. I couldn't help but smirk and wrote down the answers in you note book.

    A moment later in class Draco passed me a note that said. 'So what was that flashback you were talking about earlier?' I smiled and wrote down what I told Harry and passed it back to him. He wrote something down and passed it back to me. 'That's amazing.' it read. Then I decided to ask something that's been eating me up all day. 'What does half-blood mean?' I wrote down and passed it back.

    Draco quickly wrote something down and passed it back to me. 'It means one of your parents is a wizard and the other one was a muggle or muggle born. Your mum was a muggle born and your dad was pure blood' it read. I wrote down.

'Does it make a difference to be half-blood?' and passed it back to Draco. It took a moment for him to respond which worried me a little. I then got the note back, it read 'no'. I smiled at Draco and he smiled back.

    We then heard a bang on the desk and looked up to see professor Snape glaring at us both. "Passing notes, I expected better from you two." he said and snatched the paper from my desk. He read it and his expression surprisingly, softened. I turned to see Harry and Ron glaring at Draco.

"Detention both of you after classes." he said rather calmly, Draco and I sighed. "But sir, I'm pretty sure Malfoy was the one who started it." Ron spoke up. Draco and I glared at him. "Speaking out of turn Weasley, detention to you as well." Ron seemed to have lightly smiled. "Alone." Snape finished and Ron's face turned to disappointment.

    Class ended and I was gathering my books. "I'm sorry." Draco said. "It's not your fault, we were both passing notes." I replied.  "But don't you think its odd that Professor Snape gave Ron detention by himself instead of with us? It's like he's trying to get us alone together." Draco thought of it for a moment.

"Probably just wanted to separate the houses. Probably doesn't want us Slytherins to be with a Gryffindork." Draco said and I giggled. "Gryffindork. That's funny, I might use it sometime." "Mr. Malfoy, may I speak to you for a moment?" Snape spoke. "Yes, professor." Draco said. "I'll see you later." I said and left.