We're All In This Together (Take It Away My Friends)

~~~

Excuse the mistakes

IMPORTANT! If you sent me a cover or banner, I need you to RESEND it! Please, either message it to my inbox on here, or email it to me (nellynottherapper@gmail.com). SEND ME THE LINK, not the picture on it's own. If you have any questions, feel free to message/email me.

~~~

First things first, I’m the realest. Drop this and let the whole world feel it…

“Ow, shit!”

Pain shot through my toe as I stubbed it against my dresser in an effort to reach my phone. Olive had taken the time to make her personal ringtone “Fancy”, which had cost me ninety-nine cents without me knowing at the time. Since she was giving me a ride to school this morning, I should probably answer the phone, despite the fact that I was running late.

I grabbed my phone off of my bed and pressed answer. “Hello?” I called as I wedged the phone between my shoulder and cheek and started shoving my books into my backpack.

“Bitch, I am outside in my car,” Olive replied, and I could hear music in the background, “Where are you?”

“I’m running a bit late,” I stated as I hurried back into the bathroom. My hair was still damp and tangled from my shower this morning, so I started tugging my comb through my hair while staying on the phone.

“Shocker,” Olive muttered, her voice distorting a little. “You’ve got three minutes before I pull out of this driveway because if I’m late to homeroom one more time this quarter, Mr. Cross will have my ass.” Olive’s homeroom teacher seemed to have a thing against her, and he’d been threatening her with detentions lately.

“Alright I’m going as fast as I can,” I replied, and then I ended the call and shoved my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

I know what you’re all thinking. Harper has a car, so why isn’t she just taking that to school? Well, I don’t own the car, I share the car. Duke had had an early football workout this morning in the school’s weight room, and he’d asked me if he could take the car. I figured I would get a ride with Olive like old times, so it was fine with me. However, I didn’t count on waking up twenty minutes late and then spending longer in the shower than I’d thought.

So here I was, late.

I decided to let my hair dry naturally, since I didn’t have time to do anything with it, and then I walked back into my room and pulled on my purple Vans. I grabbed my backpack, and after mentally making sure I had all my homework and such, I flicked off my bedroom light and ran out of my room and down the stairs.

“Do you want any breakfast, Harper?” My mom called from back in the kitchen.

“I’m late!” I yelled back as I opened the front door, “Can’t stop!”

I closed the door behind me, and I walked swiftly over to Olive’s car and ducked into the passenger seat. I buckled myself in and shoved my backpack between my legs, and after exhaling loudly, I glanced over at Olive, who was doing something on her phone.

“Aren’t you in a rush?” I asked, and she raised a finger at me.

“One moment,” she said, and she finished typing something and hit send. “Alright,” Olive breathed, locking her phone and putting it in her cup holder. “What were you saying?”

“Aren’t you in a rush?” I repeated, and Olive looked at the stereo clock and then swore.

“Yeah I did,” she grunted as she put the car in reverse. Faster than probably necessary, Olive backed out of my driveway and started on the way to school, which wasn’t that far. However, she was still speeding, and I felt bad for being late. It was only by like five minutes, but still.