Chapter 10: A Helping Hand

Start from the beginning

Before I knew it, Nandini was holding my hand back and cleaning it all herself. I could only stare at her as her hands gently caressed my face and removed the food particles. Her touch...why did it feel so heavenly?

When she was finally done, her fingers lingered for a few seconds near my lips as she looked into my eyes, smiling. I had an uncontrollable urge to brush my lips against her fingers and place a soft kiss there. However, before I could fulfil my desire, she moved her fingers away with an awkward jerk.

Thank God! I was about to do something really stupid!

Within minutes, her plate was wiped clean. I left a five hundred rupee note on the table and stood up.

"Are you done? Should we leave?" I asked.

She gave me an incredulous look and said, "Aren't you going to wait for the change?"

My family was stinking rich! I never waited for change! I shook my head and gestured in the negative before I started walking towards the car. When I had walked a few steps, I turned around to see her rooted to her spot. She had a nervous expression on her face once again. She kept looking at the entrance like she was waiting for someone to arrive...but who?

I walked up to her, but before I could ask her anything I heard footsteps at the door. I turned around to spot a police team at the entrance to the dhaba.

Oh shit! Not again! Why didn't I see this coming? She must have called the police! That explained her strange behavior!

Before I could react, Nandini ran and immediately stood behind one of the police men.

"Sir, please arrest him!" she screamed.

There were five policemen in total and four of them moved forward to apprehend me! Hadn't they had enough?!

I removed my blazer and immediately sprang into action. I wacked one of the cops in the chest and kicked the other in the crotch. When another tried to attack, I picked up a chair and smashed it on his head. When the fourth cop tried to punch me, I ducked and pushed him down on the ground. I stood up and kicked him in the gut multiple times. Finally, I looked up to see that Nandini and the fifth cop had disappeared!

Fuck! I couldn't let them return her to her family! I immediately ran out of the dhaba to find them.

What I saw shocked me a great deal!

I could hear Nandini screaming from a distance, "Where are you taking me? I want to go to the station right now and wait for my Chacha-Chachi!! Let me go!"

I followed the sound of her voice and found the police man dragging her along in the dark, manhandling her in the process!

"My boss would like a word with you and until she does you are not going anywhere!" He said.

Boss? What was he talking about? Nandini seemed just as confused as me!

"What boss? I asked Chacha-Chachi to send you here! Why aren't you taking me to them?" she said, her voice filled with fear.

"Nyonika! She's my boss! After your aunt and uncle gave us your location, I got a call from her! She said she'd give me a five lakh rupees if I brought you to her instead of letting you go back to your family! I would be a fool to refuse such a deal! With that kind of money, do you know how easy it will be to support my family?" He explained.

Why? Why didn't I see this coming! Nyonika! She would never give up on catching me! And after the incident at the restaurant, that idiot Harshad must have told her about Nandini! Was it that obvious that I had a soft spot for her? Nyonika must be spying on Nandini's family and tapping their phones as well! Ugh! Nandini, why did you call the police? Nyonika ko toh bas mauka chahiye, to use something against me! I couldn't let the cop take her to Nyonika!