t w e l v e

Kathryn

"Dad, do you have a car or a motorcycle?" I say putting my phone in my pocket.

He holds out keys and looks at me worried. "Same bike as you were a kid," he sighed. I grabbed he keys and gave him a big hug. "Be safe, Kat."

I got back downstairs and found his motorcycle. Still looked as it did eight years ago. I drove back to Riverdale and arrived at the Andrew's house. I saw a couple serpents and looked for a familiar face. I walked up to the door and peeked in.

"Kathryn? What are you doing here?" I was surprised. I turned around and saw Archie.

"Archie! Perfect, can you call Reggie and the bulldogs? I need them to meet me at Sweetwater River." I rush.

"Wait why?" He questioned.

"Call now, explain later? Look I need all the help I can get," I say.

"If she's asking for help, she means it," I heard. I looked up to see Sweet Pea. "Do you need us?"

"I need your eyes," I say. "Round up as many serpents who are able to fight. Call your bulldogs, Archie. I need to call Veronica and Betty."

"Why them?" Archie asked.

"Stop asking questions!" I say. "Get your boys and meet me at Sweetwater River."

I rush outside and got onto my bike. I drove off and arrived at Abby's house and called Betty.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Do you think you can get Cheryl and The Pussycats to come to Sweetwater River?"

"Maybe, why?"

"You know Carlos, that ghoulie that went to Riverdale before getting initiated?"

"What about him?"

"He's out for my blood and I need the Pussycats and Cheryl as my eyes. The ghoulies are looking for me and I need to get them but without touching them."

"Without touching them?"

"If we don't touch or hurt them, they can be arrested without-"

"Without blood on our hands. I'll call them."

"Meet us at Sweetwater River okay?"

"Got it."

I end the call and go inside the house. I got ran upstairs and grabbed my duffel bag under my bed. "Abby!" I called. "Where's the-"

I turn around and Abby handed me a bundled cloth.

"Betty texted me. Be safe."

After I left the house, I drove to Sweetwater River. I grabbed the walkie talkies out the duffle bag. I turned them all on and decided to call extra back up.
I called Señor Martín, the owner of the liquor store by Ms. Mollie's.

"Hello?"

"Señor Martín!"

"Mija! What's up?"

"Your brother is still SWAT officer right? Señor Miguel?"

"Yes! He's been doing amazing!"

"Can your brother help me? There is this gang that is out to get me. I need his help."

"Of course, mija. Where should he meet you?"

"I need him and his men to meet me in Riverdale, at Sweetwater River."

"Okay, I call my brother."

"Thank you!"

"Anything for you, mija!"

I put down my phone and I saw people pull up. Betty and the vixens, Archie and Reggie with the bulldogs, Sweet Pea and the serpents. We all gathered around and I got on top of the bridge railing to talk to everyone.

"So the Ghoulies are out for my blood but they've been terrorizing everyone since the riot. I have a plan." As I finish my sentence, Señor Miguel walks up. I nod my head at him and continue to explain. "I need all the girls as my eyes at Pop's and the school. The Ghoulies will be roaming around at six. That's what they always did. Reggie and your boys will be by Evergreen park, Abel is going to be there looking for me one hundred percent. Serpents, I need you guys around this bridge, Señor Miguel will be around you guys too." I toss every group a walkie talkie.

"Act normal alright? When they're near, radio in. If they get to the bridge, I'll alert everyone. Everyone try and rush here and surround them so they can't get out or run." I state.

"What if they attack you? How do you defend yourself?" Fangs says.

"Mija? Do you still have the gun I gave you?" Señor Miguel asks.

I hold up a bundled cloth and put it back down. "Don't engage with them! Try not to attack them otherwise we can't lock them up," I say. "When you hear a ringing sound on the walkie talkie everyone come to the bridge. If you're away from the bridge, head towards us after you see them pass."

Everyone leaves to their places except for Sweet Pea. I look up to him and took a big breath. I open my mouth to speak but Sweet Pea cuts me off by kissing me. "I trust you'll be okay," He says, breaking the kiss. I kiss his cheek then look at the ground. "I trust you'll protect me," I laugh. He kissed my cheek and walked off to his place.

After about ten minutes, Betty radios in. "Carlos just passed by the school and is headed towards Sweetwater River. He brought back up," Betty says.

"Back up?" I ask.

"He brought that new sheriff and his officers," She replies.

"Got it," I say. I switch channels to call for Señor Miguel. "Base to Señor Miguel."

"Heard it, don't engage, don't respond," He responds.

"Abel and his goons are headed towards the bridge. He attacked Moose just to get an answer for where you are," Reggie radios.

"Got it," I say. I grip the bundled cloth beside me and watched as Abel and some ghoulies come to the bridge; Carlos and the officers come up from the other side.

"Kathryn Fogarty, time to pay for what you did," Carlos says. He walks up to me and swings his arm at me. He hits the side of my face and I don't fight back.

Sweet Pea

I watched as Kathryn was about to be pummeled by all the officers and ghoulies. I take a step forward but the SWAT officer stopped me. "Wait for the signal," He whispered.

I watched closely and saw Kathryn reach behind her and press a button on her walkie talkie. I hear multiple walkie talkies ringing and we all swarm around the bridge. The SWAT officers say back and watched us stand around the bridge. The police officers with Carlos stopped and pointed their guns at us.

We stood all together and saw the ghoulies break away from surrounding Kat. "You think you guys can hurt us?" an officer says. "Everyone put their hands up!"

Before we can put our hands up, the SWAT officers swarm around us. "Sheriff Minetta, your under arrest for attacking a minor and harassing a bystander," Señor Miguel says. The sheriff and his fellow officers put down their guns. The ghoulies put their hands up and the SWAT officers rush to grab each person.

I quickly rush to help Kathryn up. "You okay?" I ask. She nods and holds onto my waist. "We got them, it's okay." We all gathered around as the SWAT officers take the ghoulies away.

"What now?" Archie asks.

A/N

tbh idk what now