e l e v e n

Abby

I watched my mom sign on more divorce papers as I ate my chips. "Hey Abby? What happened to Marci?" Mom asked.

"After Dad abused you, she left and then we found him all beat up. I think she caused it," I say. "Also Mom, her real name is Kathryn. It's all around school that her name is Kathryn."

"Oh I know her name is Kathryn, honey," She replies.

"Wait, what?" I sat up to look closer.

"Sweetheart, I've been knowing. You know your Aunt Mollie?" She says. "She fostered Kathryn and I referred to her as Marci for your aunt."

"But you were going to put her back into the foster system!" I yelled.

"Don't yell at me like I'm the villain! You wanted her gone!" Mom yelled. "Kathryn's brother was shot and I was letting her go so she can be with him. I never wanted to let her go. Your father said she was a bad influence so he made the decision to send her back. I only agreed because I wanted to avoid abuse."

I sat in silence as I realized how horrible I was to Kathryn. I see my phone light up with a notification. It was from Abel, Kathryn's best friend.

abel: have you seen kathryn

me: i was going to ask you that

abel: dont you hate her?

me: same to you but shes my foster sister

abel: i dont hate her

me: then why did you plaster liar and all those degrading shit on her locker when she wasn't attending school?

abel: fuck off

abel: didnt you guys put her back into the system?

me: no we never finished those papers so legally shes my foster sister.

abel: whatever tell me if you see her

me: why

abel: i need to get back at her

me: for what?

abel: she beat up carlos my friend and shes a dirty liar

me: ok? i guess i could tell you where she is if i see her.

I quickly texted Kathryn and prayed she would answer.

me: hey kathryn, i wanted to tell you something. im sorry about everything that ive done to hurt you and all the things ive said. you helped me with my dad and i wanted to make sure youre okay. mom said we wont finished those foster papers, not unless you want us to. anyway, abel is looking for you and he said he wanted to get back at you for hurting carlos. mom just wants you to come home i hope you're okay.

Kathryn

I stared at Abby's text message but locked my phone, refusing to reply. I was sitting at a bus stop, waiting for the bus to Toledo. I stared at the ground as cars passed by. When the bus finally arrived, I saw the group of serpents pull up across the street. I get onto the bus despite Fangs and Sweet Pea calling me out. I sat down and pulled up my hood. The doors of the bus close and we drive away.

I fell asleep on the bus as we arrived to Toledo. When I woke up, we were at the bus stop. I got off and walked around until I ended up at an apartment complex. I stared at the buzzer and the list of people who lived in the building. One name caught my eye, Fogarty. I punched in the apartment number and pressed call.

italy | sweet peaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें