n i n e

Kathryn

I woke up to my nurse adjusting my IV bags and programming he machine. "Good morning Kathryn, how are you feeling?" He asks. It was the normal morning routine. I say how I feel, we laugh a bit, we talk about my condition, and then he leaves. I've been here in the hospital for about two weeks.

"Oh, you have two people wanting to visit you," My nurse says. "It's not that group that came last time."

"What's their names?" I ask.

"Abel and Vince?" He says as a question.

"You can send them in but tell them they only have twenty minutes," I sigh.

The nurse smiles and leaves the room. I picked up my phone and noticed multiple missed calls from Fangs and Sweet Pea. I looked up and Abel was standing in the doorway with Vince behind him.

"You have twenty minutes," I sigh.

"You lied to me for years," Abel blurted.

"And you lied to me for months!" Vince roared.

"Look I-" I studdered but nothing came out.

"I thought I could trust you! You were my best friend!" Abel screamed.

"I'm sorry, I-I was going to tell you but-" I stammered.

"But what?!" Abel steps closer to me.

"But, I was upset about Fangs and Vince!" I yelped. I sat up but it hurt to move so I laid back down. "Just get out. If you hate me so much, just forget about me."

The two left the room, Vince was concerned but Abel was furious. I laid there, tears forming as time went by. My nurse came in and comforted me. I wanted to cry all night and I hoped I would die where I was laying. Only one thing kept me hoping, Ms. Mollie and Marci.

Three Years Ago

"Oh my girls! You came to visit me!" Ms. Mollie rejoiced. She pulled Marci and I into a hug and invited us in. Sparky and Mrs. Norris were on the couch, once they saw us they leaped up to greet us.

We sat down together at the dining table and talked about how things were in our foster homes. I hated my current home. My foster mom was a meth addict and my foster father was abusive. I wanted to kill myself so bad in that house.

"So what about you Kat? How's your foster home?" Ms. Mollie asks.

"I hate it there. I wanna die," I sobbed, I wiped my eyes.

Marci and Ms. Mollie comforted me and gave me a hug. I break the hug and looked at Ms. Mollie.

"Sweetheart, don't think that okay? Never giv eup faith and hope okay? And remember Italy," She smiled.

"Italy?" I ask, wiping my eyes.

"I trust and love you. Italy," Ms. Mollie says. "Remember this when you feel sad, remember that I trust you with your decisions and I love you for it alright?"

I nod and give her another hug. "Now enough crying Kat! Let's help cook dinner!" Marci jumps up.

Present