Chapter Twenty Five : A Secret

Start from the beginning

Being an expert at reading emotions, Natsuki then noticed a shift in Yui's personality. Her large happy turned sad as she looked at him. "...I guess I already got my answer..." Yui said and took a deep breath. She looked at Natsuki with bright eyes. "I love you, Natsuki."

"...Since we were children but I never really got the courage to tell you." She said with a smile.

Natsuki widened his eyes at Yui's confession. He never had anyone confessing like this to him so he doesn't really know how to reply to such words. "U-Um..." Natsuki said as he looked down. His eyes looked everywhere but Yui's, who was patiently waiting for his reply. However, Natsuki just felt as if he's disregarding her confession and built up the courage to look at Yui.

Then, his eyes widened once again as Yui was still looking at him with a gentle look in her eyes. There was no expectations or hope, as if she already knew what Natsuki's answer would be. This made Natsuki feel guilty, so he took a deep breath and looked at her straight in the eyes. "Yui..." He said. "I-I'm...I'm sorry. I can't return your feelings."

Yui's expression remained neutral for a few seconds, which made Natsuki nervous. Sweat was forming in his forehead, scared that he said the wrong words. Then, suddenly, Yui burst out of laughing which suprised Natsuki, causing his tail to freeze. "Haha! Your expression is the best! I just love seeing those kinds of expression!" Yui said as she continued on laughing. Natsuki pouted and crossed his arms. Yui calmed her laughter and flicked Natsuki's forehead. "Idiot~! I told you, I already know your answer, silly!"

"Then, why the hell did you even asked me!?" Natsuki asked as he puffed his cheeks and looked away. "I can't trust you, after all~!"

Yui giggled a bit more and looked at him. "Sorry, sorry~!" She said. "So? What made you reject this Young Maiden's feelings~? How rude~!"

"I see no Young Maiden here though~?" Natsuki said and smiled once again. He looked towards the distance. "What made me, huh...?"

Yui looked at what he's looking at and saw (Y/N) and the others coming out of the house, looking as silly as ever. Her eyes soften and took a glance at Natsuki to see his cheeks going red. "...It's because..." Natsuki said, not looking away from the (H/C)-colored hair of a certain girl. "My feelings already belongs to someone else."

Yui smiled at his response and looked at that scene, peacefully. "Is that so?" She said as she felt somehow proud of her blonde cat boy friend.

**********

"What we talked about, huh~?" Natsuki said as he pretended to think very hard for the memory. Then, he lightened up and looked at everyone. "Oh, I remember!"

Everyone leaned in hopes of hearing the details however, Natsuki smirked. "It's a secret though~!" He said, teasingly.

"Aw, what the hell is up with that?" Chikage said as he leaned his cheek on his hand with a disappointed pout. "Such a secretive individual, right, Master?"

"Yup, such disappointment, boo-hoo~" (Y/N) said, playing along. "But I guess that's fine. I'm gonna respect Natsuki and Yui's privacy.

"But that's frustrating, isn't it?" Fuyuko suddenly said as he looked up at everyone. "It's like when you're reading a really good Manga and the artist suddenly stop just before the climax of the story because of their badly timed desire for vacation."

Everyone looked at the white-haired Otaku cat boy and couldn't help but think that what he's saying right now is something that he himself had experience many times. Nothing makes Fuyuko this talkative unless it's about food, anime, or manga. Fuyuko then went back to his food and began to eat once again. "...But since Master respects people's privacy, I'll do it too." He said and went back to his emotionless and quiet self.