Chapter Eleven

Ethan Desmond Moretz:

'What would you do if a hot girl put a gun on your head and threatened you?'I ask Jeremy while trying to hold the phone on one hand and knotting my tie on the other,I have to admit,it was becoming quite a difficult task.

His voice comes out from the other side,entertained by the thought,'Well,if that girl is Maria,then I would tell her how hot she looked and wor-'
'What if it was not Maria and some other girl?'I say,cutting him from his dreamy state.

'Then I would have screamed for a last wish and that last wish would be to see the love of my life,Maria DeCant-'I cut the line,not wanting to hear anymore from that lovesick fool.

Does love really do that?

I have no time for love.

Love is for fools like Jeremy,though,he is fairing better than ever,with his ancestor leaving tonnes of money and the girl of his dreams,he has it all.

Is that envy Ethan?
wonders a part of me.

I shove that part back in the corner of my mind.

Whatever.

It shouldn't be making me feel like this.
Like Jeremy,my best friend has something that I don't have.

But you have everything,don't you?

Yes,I do.
Money,cars,mansions and an amazing family.
I also have thousands of girls chasing after me so why bother thinking of love that has always made me cringe in the inside.

My phone vibrates and a notification box comes into view.
I scan it to see my best friend hasn't left me disappointed:

Bro Jer

Buddy,listen.
The girl who held the gun on your head AND threatened U,well hats off to her because I am impressed that she didn't faint in front of u like the counless other girls that we've had the fortune to encounter with.
Something tells me,she's gonna be different and hard to get.Like really hard,greek mythology type hard to get.
Remember how I met Maria?
She screamed in front of my workers that I was nothing but a playboy and an asshole then she punched me.
That didn't throw me back,that made me inch closer to her because she was the only one who ever dared to do so.
U see where I am going at bro?
The girl u're talking bout,she's a tough nut,I am sure,and my brain is telling me that she has had a rough past.
Now,don't be a fool.
Go after her.
She might just be the one who can bear ur overly sized ego and heart.
I gotta go,Maria's calling me,she says she baked a cake for me.
Now,how sweet is that?

Worry not,my dear brother.
Good Old Jeremy's there to have ur back and give u advise should u fail to capture her heart-which I am sure u will need,once u fail.

Giving out a sigh,I ponder,he does know me well,doesn't he?

       _____________________

Looking around at Cafe De Flore for a red-head with admirable green eyes turned out to be quite a wreck seeming the place was loaded with green-eyed red headed girls.

I wondered not for the first time,what was it about SwifzJefferson that I found so captivating?
It wasn't only the fact that she was as beautiful as a fiery constellation,no,I was curious,I still am.
Her fight with those guys then pulling out a gun to threaten me,it's safe to say that I don't get to see that kind of girl everyday.

Mystery,she is a mystery.

Curiosity,wonder,what else?
Was it possible that I was seeking her out?
But why?

Stupid,stupid heart.

She's dangerous,Ethan.

Lost in my thought,I didn't notice that someone was standing in front of me,peering at me with sparkling green eyes,her flowing red hair in a side-braid and I would be lying if I said that didn't make me feel something that I shouldn't be feeling.

I was no lovesick fool,not ever.
So why suddenly did I have the urge to boast about my trillionaire self?
To impress her?

'Well,your time starts now.Show me.'

I stand up,assessing her from head to toe,she's in a black blazer with black pants,she looks completely business like,unlike me,I am in a white shirt with black jeans.
A smirk creeps up on my face,'What's your name?'

She narrowes her eyes and sits down,eyes on me all the way,'You know it.'

Sitting down in front of her,I say,'SwitzJefferson.That's all I know.Don't you have a nickname?'

She taps her fingers on the table cloth in a relentless motion,'That's all you should know.You haven't earned the right to know my name because we are on a stage where I will only sign the contract if I can rely on you.'

'Spend the day with me.'I speak before I can collect my thoughts.

She's caught offguard but she quickly recovers,'Excuse me?'

'I meant to prove that I can be trustworthy,I have cancelled my plans and meetings of today just for you,'she opens her mouth her to protest and I continue,'And I will not take no for an answer.I don't have a day off for anyone, Miss SwitzJefferson.
Your time starts now.Take me wherever you go and you won't be let down.'

She battles with herself,visibly conflicted,torn between telling me to go home when she crosses her arms,rather stubbornly,I might add,
'Fine,you're coming with me and if you fail to do what I will do,the contract is off limits.'

I grin,'Nice.'

         ___________________

Saira SwitzJefferson's POV:

'You won't ask me where we are going?',I question Ethan,the trillionaire as our car drives by,the scenery around us fading at a fast pace.

The man shrugs,his eyes locked into mine and I recall the first time when I caught a glimpse of his electrifying blue eyes.

I can't look away,it seems.

'Why bother when I know you won't tell me?'

He's smart.
I give him that.
Yet,I don't understand why he's hellbent on proving that he can be trusted,because I have realized that,yes,Ethan Desmond Moretz can be trusted and we are not revealing our identity.
A girl with a gun can be anyone,a police officer,a secret Fbi agent even a criminal.
But I do not want him as our business partner.
Having a trillionaire as a business partner will not only cause extreme unwanted attention upon us,it might also wake the sleeping lions from the cage.

So better that the man leaves as fast as time wills.

But now,let's have a little test on the world's richest man under 30,let's see exactly what he is made of.

*****

A/N:Hello wonderful people!
First of all,I want to thank you all that you kept your word,I was honestly,really happy.Like,you bring a whole new meaning to the word 'fast'.
I am grateful.
Thank You!
Second of all,Sorry,that the chapter is short but it's all i can muster since I have a bleeding headache and it surely doesn't help that I have a maths exam coming this Thursday!😭

Anyway,I shall survive.

Love YOU All.

If You Enjoyed
Vote
Comment
Share