Chapter 28

So far the fight was going Mike's way, not that Mike didn't have phenomenal talent but I knew Levi was holding back. I was excited and enjoying the fight, yet it was hard to sit on the sidelines like this. When the bell rang for the third time I saw him again, the tall, blond guy in the black bike jacket, standing at the back of the room.

I tried to swallow the lump that had formed in the back of my throat but it was hard. The figure was wearing dark shades, so it was hard to tell who it was. I could feel the glare of his eyes upon me. Forgetting the fight, I rose out of my chair and walked towards the stranger, my heart pounding hard inside my chest.

"Gabriel?" I whispered, more to myself than asking him a question. The figure smiled without turning his head to look at me. My body shook as I slowed my approach. Three months had passed between us, I wasn't sure what to do or say if it was him.

"Gabriel?" I asked this time a little louder. The man's head tilted so that it now faced me. Dropping his sunnies to reveal crystal blue eyes, which held an unmistakable look of contempt.

"You and your boyfriend better run, Lilly. You stole from me and I've come to collect." He hissed, walking out the door so that his threat could hang in the air. I wanted to cry. My heart shattering to pieces, just as I thought it was beginning to heal. A part of me wanted to race after him, while the other part was too terrified to see him again. His words reverberated in my mind over and over. If only he knew the truth. If only he knew how much I wish we could be together. And yet, he wanted to kill me. That fact alone was enough to make me stay away without adding a baby into the mix.

The bell rang out again, signaling the end of the fight. I waited to see who had won, not that anyone cared, it wasn't a real fight. I waited for the boys to take off their gear, wishing to leave as soon as possible. I knew Gabriel would strike soon. We had to run while there was still time.

"Levi, we got to go," I said, before giving Mike and Pa a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm sorry guys, but we have to leave. One day soon, we'll be back, you can count on it." I tried to do that reassuring smile most doctors are able to give you when they are unsure of an outcome. Somehow, I knew mine fell short of what I was hoping for. Rather than being reassuring, I was sure my tone came off unsure. Still, neither of them said anything.

"What's wrong Lilly, is it the baby? Are you feeling sick again?" Levi asked worryingly.

"The baby's fine. I'm fine, but Levi, I saw him. I saw Gabriel." I stuttered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, he told us to run."
 Levi looked worried now, his eyes wild with fear that was causing me to panic. I knew this was serious but I figured that Levi had a plan or something. Now I wasn't so sure. Did he even have a backup plan? He took out his phone and dialed, walking away from us.

"I'll get the guys to start cleaning up." Pa said, "Mike you need to ice your nose and Lilly you should get some ice packs for Levi too."

"Ok, I'll take the Lilly into my office to wait for Levi," Mike said, taking my hand.

I followed him back into his office. Mike grabbed a few ice packs and was now sitting behind his desk, leaning back with an ice pack placed on his nose. I took a seat across from him, turning it so that I could watch the door.

"You weren't kidding about how your Ex, were you?" Mike said still leaning back and looking at the roof.