Chapter 35- Hunter & Sara?

I unpacked my bag and changed into my cartoon character pajama bottoms with my bass pro shops t-shirt. Totally mismatched but I wasn’t worried about it.

Hunter: “Thanks for a great day!”

Me: “You’re welcome, but I’m really tired so I’m just gunna head off to bed.”

Hunter: “Alright hun, sleep well.”

Hun? Did he just call me hun? Hmm whatev, I climbed up into my bunk, since it’s on the top row. I successfully made it up without falling this time, and closed my curtain behind me.

The next morning we were already over half way to Boston. I silently slithered out of my bunk and went up front to sit and watch TV. I picked up the remote and flipped it on. It was blaringly loud! I fumbled with it to turn it down and I think I woke a few people in the process. Soon enough Hunter came out lazily with messy hair.

Hunter: “Is everything ok?”

Me: “It should be a rule to not leave the volume up that high when we shut the TV off.”

Hunter: “Yeahhh I agree.”

Me: “Sorry for waking you.”

Hunter: “I’ve been awake just too lazy to actually get up.”

Me: “Oh alright.”

He plopped down on the couch right next to me. I mean RIGHT next to me with our arms touching. Good thing I didn’t mind it at all. I settled on watching an episode of the Top 20 Country Countdown on CMT and set the remote down next to me. I leaned my head back against the back edge of the couch and I guess I feel asleep.

By top ten of the country countdown I woke up with Hunter’s arm around my back and my head on his shoulder. He was just sitting there quietly singing along with whatever song was on the countdown. I stayed like that and hadn’t moved so he had no idea I was awake. After that song I sat up but didn’t take my head off his shoulder.

Me: “Sorry for falling asleep.”

Hunter: “Don’t apologize, you were tired I understand.”

Then I took my head off his shoulder but he never unwrapped his arm from me. Instead he rested his hand on my other side just below my ribs and pulled me right up next to him. I got those butterflies in my stomach again.

 One thing I did notice is that Hunter is considerably shorter than Scotty. I’m 5’5” and Hunter’s not much taller than me, I’d say we’re about the same height.

It got down to the top five in the countdown and between the two of us we just sat there snuggled together and singing each song that came on the TV. It really was adorable. Then Hunter began running his hand up and down my side from my ribs to the waistband in my pajama pants and back up. It really tickled since I’m so ticklish.

I couldn’t handle it anymore and I squirmed, which got him to laugh at me. We made eye contact for a few seconds then he turned towards me and tickled both my sides at the same time. That tingling feeling from being close to him didn’t help the fact that I was being tickled. I covered his hands with mine and tried to pry them off of my sides, which of course didn’t work. I don’t care what you say but guys are usually always stronger and it’s a real disadvantage for us girls.

Me: “Hunter stop I can’t breathe.”

Hunter: “Ask nicely.” He said as he smirked at me.

Me: “Please stop I can’t breathe.”

Hunter: “If you insist.”

He still didn’t remove his hands from my sides and I sat there trying to catch my breath. He smiled at me and at that moment I thought he was actually going to let go of me, but he did the opposite. He wrapped his arms around my back and leaned over me. I saw him look at my lips and into my eyes and back again. I smiled and then his lips were on mine. His kiss was so careful almost as if he thought he was going to hurt me. But it was really sweet. Once our lips parted we both smiled at the same time.

Hunter: “Aw your face is beet red.”

Me: “I know…”

Hunter: “Hey, it’s adorable.”

He reached down and kissed my cheek. Our little moment was interrupted by the sound of the bus doors opening. We both instantly sat up and ended up snuggling back against each other, side by side.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N.

Aww how adorable! Please ignore the fact that I think I am really bad at writing the romantic parts. Idk I've just never really experienced it so it's hard for me to put into words I guess. But yeah who thinks Hunter and Sara and going to start dating now?