Chapter 7- Prank-fest (part 1)

So that night Hunter, Scotty and I all slept on Hunter’s tour bus while it was parked at the studio in Nashville. I am so anxious for tomorrow and also to be the luckiest girl in the world to have met both Hunter and Scotty, both in the same day, what are the chances.

All three of us slept in our own bunks but the way they are set up on the bus there are two columns each three high of separate little twin sized beds, each with a curtain to block out people that might walk by. Scotty slept above me, Hunter across the little hallway in the middle bunk, and I slept in the bunk under Scotty. I really hope I don’t snore or anything.

All throughout the night I was tossing and turning mostly because I was way too excited to sleep. I checked my phone and it was 1am and I silently opened my curtain and tip-toed to the bathroom towards the middle of the bus. I forgot my phone in my bunk so I had no way to tell where I was going, and then I bumped into the counter, and quietly cursed. I made it safely to the bathroom and was headed back to my bunk when I saw this weird silhouette standing in the back room of the bus. I frantically grabbed my phone and saw the thing change positions and reached up towards Scotty’s bunk as this figure stepped closer to me. He wasn’t there, I reached for Hunter next and he was gone too! Okay now it’s time to freak out! I started to step backwards as this thing got closer to me. Then there were two hands around my ankles and the person came even closer to me.

Me: “Okay guys pranks over, you’re freaking me out!”

The boys came out from the bottom bunks and turned on the lights and that person was all dressed in black and they looked at him, or it, all confused.

H: “Who is that?”

S: “I don’t know, I thought it was you.”

We were all stepping back towards the front on the bus, walking backwards careful not to take our eyes off of this person. When we all bumped into someone and all of us whipped around and screamed when Jerry was standing behind us. Then the masked guy revealed himself as Hunter’s van driver.

Me: “Damn you guys take your pranks around here pretty seriously.” This got everyone to laugh.

Jerry: “So I guess I still do know how to scare you guys.”

S: “Yeah okay good one, truce?”

Jerry: “Oh hell no, this ain’t over till the fat lady sings.”

Jerry and Hunter’s van driver, who I later learned is named Grant, ran off the bus evil laughing.

Grant: “Till the fat lady sings!” Then he closed the door to the bus.

H: “Good call on his part we were just going to grab your ankles when you were heading back from the bathroom. He added that whole part.”

S: “Ole Jerry still knows some tricks. About his challenge, I’m not going down without a fight.”

H: “We both know Jerry enough to know that he probably rigged my bus with microphones so he can hear our prank plans, Scotty can we go to yours?”

S: “Yeah definitely.”

I just sleepily followed them to Scotty’s tour bus which was parked just behind Hunter’s. How could I have missed his big orange home on wheels? Scotty pulled out the sofa to form a huge bed in the back room instead of us sleeping in individual bunks. He opened a closet and threw Hunter and I each individual sets of blankets and pillows and we all slept there, too afraid from Jerry’s prank.

Of course Hunter called the right side and before I could call the left side, Scotty beat me to it, meaning I was stuck in the middle, wonderful. Well not wonderful for them I kick in my sleep, hahahaha!

We all had our own separate pillows and blankets and I fell asleep quite instantly, only after making sure Scotty locked the bus doors, just in case Jerry and Grant tried something else on us.

I woke up that morning to both the boys being curled up on their sides; thank god I get to avoid an awkward moment waking up snuggling with one of them or something. This time I woke them up before wondering off into Scotty’s bus by myself, because that’s when I discovered Jerry in Hunter’s bus, when I wondered around alone. I get that tour buses aren’t that huge but I wasn’t about to take any chances.

Once all us were up and semi-conscious we folded our blankets and put the bed back into couch form, and left Scotty’s bus all clean like we found it that morning. We asked Scotty’s van driver, Ted, to drive us somewhere for breakfast/lunch, since its 11am. We asked Ted because we thought he wasn’t involved in the Jerry & Grant prank-fest, too late.

~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh what is Ted going to do to them? Which group do you think will win this major prank fest? Jerry, Grant and, Ted, or Sara, Scotty and, Hunter? Keep checking back for part 2 of prank-fest and to see what happens to S, S and, H!

xoxo Emily